» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jakki Degg

Default Jakki Degg

I made this for "Keithyboy1" on Black Ops forum.

Crits n' comments, please!

Hmm I dont like teh bra

Try to remove it

LMFAO!

Quote Originally Posted by SunPower View Post
    Hmm I dont like teh bra

Try to remove it
    Lol.

Good signature but I don't know how I feel about the outerglow around the render. Seems to be a bit sharp. Imo a more smooth / subtle effect would be better, also the lighting from the outerglow would illuminate parts of the sig more than that + create shadows on the bottom part of the signature. Don't forget about lighting it's the most important part of the sig.

Here's how I do my lighting: Make a new layer once you're happy with the composition of the signature. Grab a soft round brush and make it a large size, the size of the brush should be nearly 1/3 the size of the signature. Use black (low opacity) for shadows and (white for lighting) you can brush it on the same layer until you're happy with the lighting and also create more layers and darken areas until you're happy with the result.

Also, try going to the resources section of the forum and read the tutorials, there are also photoshop files available for download which you can go through to see how people design their signatures. I don't know if we have any of those here but you can find them on Deviantart, just seach under resources .psd files. I can't even begin to tell you how many tutorials I read when I was learning the basics

Keep it up you are getting better !

Thanks, Helix.

It's actually not an outer glow around the render, it's various layers of smudging set to different blending and opacities.

Quote Originally Posted by xSh4d0w Sh0cKx View Post
    Thanks, Helix.

It's actually not an outer glow around the render, it's various layers of smudging set to different blending and opacities.

-_- I know

Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    -_- I know
    Who feels like an idiot now? This guy. *Points to myself.*

Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    Here's how I do my lighting: Make a new layer once you're happy with the composition of the signature. Grab a soft round brush and make it a large size, the size of the brush should be nearly 1/3 the size of the signature. Use black (low opacity) for shadows and (white for lighting) you can brush it on the same layer until you're happy with the lighting and also create more layers and darken areas until you're happy with the result.
    Just thought you'd maybe like an alternate way of doing this. Although, Helix's way is good, I'll tell you how I do mine. Pretty similar. I pick the darkest color from signature, make a new layer, and soft brush of where there might be shadows. Tinker around with the blending modes. I usually stick with soft light. Then do the same with the lightest color.

On to the signature, I like the outer glow smudging. For the style it's nice and clean. Very pretty, and I'd say it matches what you're going for. However, I would concentrate on more realistic looking lighting in the future. I'm in love with the background's colors, but doesn't really provide depth. Keep it up. Your last few signatures have been improving vastly.

Thanks, Anthony!

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyE View Post
    Just thought you'd maybe like an alternate way of doing this. Although, Helix's way is good, I'll tell you how I do mine. Pretty similar. I pick the darkest color from signature, make a new layer, and soft brush of where there might be shadows. Tinker around with the blending modes. I usually stick with soft light. Then do the same with the lightest color.
    Hm, I never considered brushing a color instead of black / white.