» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Awesome, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by +FI.schultz View Post
    this all sounds awesome and great but what is the prize?
    Why do you need a prize? Can't the reward be expanding as an artist? This is just another tournament on the void.

Commissions and stickers available via linktree here.

so there will be no banners or crowns?
    I dont make sigs anymore

Sounds sweet, i probably wont sign up because im so busy, but it still sounds interesting, lol. Id like to see how this turns out

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Enns View Post
    The match ups will be decided when we know who will participate, not after all the entries are handed in. We wanted to match them up ourselves, that way we don't have someone who has years of practice, and has grown quite a bit put up against someone with little to no experience. Also, the theme for the round also determines the matchup. If the theme is the LP photomanip, and 2 people are equally good with tags, but 1 has dabbled with photomanip, and is good at it, we won't put them together.
    Well this sounds good but it doesn't work that way. You will not have a perfectly equal number of experienced/inexperienced people. So some people will have an easier match than others, some people will have a harder match than others. I just don't get how you justify that O.o

How do you say to the inexperienced person who was forced to go up against the experienced person that your decision was fair? If there were 9 inexperienced people, and so one of them had to fight a losing battle, how do you justify to that one person why he was the pick and not one of the other 8? Won't he feel cheated? Wont he look cheated? Hasn't he really been cheated?

And what about the few experienced people who will end up getting easy battles. How do you justify those choices? Doesn't that seem like you are picking certain people to have an easy battle? How does that work? How does that ever look good?

I'm not trying to stir something up or be a potato shoe, I'm just trying to help. You guys have a really good idea, but this part of it...not so much. Hidden bracket. Great. Bias bracket? Not so much. The whole point of doing brackets randomly is that people know they were not cheated, they know that no one set them up. If they got unlucky, they got unlucky. If you actually choose the match ups though, luck has nothing to do with it. If a person gets an unfair match up (and some people will) it looks really really bad, because YOU made that happen. Not a roll of the dice.

I don't think anyone is thinking about how this will actually work. I think you're all thinking about how you want it to work. But it never works like that. >.<

You are thinking that we are going to pick those who may end up having an easier battle by someone we like, but also, there aren't people at only 2 extremes of levels. People range all over the place, it is inevitable for someone of lower experience to go against someone of higher, but personally picking makes us able to make the vast majority of the battles fair, and challenging.

It is good that you want us to make it fair, but we looked through this, and felt this made the match ups the most fair of all.

Commissions and stickers available via linktree here.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Enns View Post
    You are thinking that we are going to pick those who may end up having an easier battle by someone we like, but also, there aren't people at only 2 extremes of levels. People range all over the place, it is inevitable for someone of lower experience to go against someone of higher, but personally picking makes us able to make the vast majority of the battles fair, and challenging.

It is good that you want us to make it fair, but we looked through this, and felt this made the match ups the most fair of all.
    You're 100% right. It will make them more fair, but it will also make them more bias. Like you said, you'll be able to make the majority of battles more challenging, but what about the battles you choose that can't be challenging? You obviously wont get a perfect match of beginners and experts in any round for any theme. So no matter what happens you are going to have to make the hard choice of basically giving someone a free pass to the next round and giving someone an opponent they cannot win against. So it is going to look extremely bias and favored towards certain people. Not because it is, but because you can't help it. >.<

I think it's a very wonky way to do things and it is going to cause a load of sour grapes once people actually feel cheated in their match and then start saying "hey, why did so and so get such an easy opponent compared to me? Why did YOU GUYS set it up that way?"

But it's your thingy so I hope it works out. Good luck =)

life's not fair littlefeet, the void is no different. best to not dwell on the what ifs till a problem arises. also I think they wanted problems like this to be dealt with through pm's not discussed in the rules thread. after the first few rounds it will be able to be determined if it will work or not, and they can alter the process if they need to. Good luck guys.

It's right there in the rules.
    -ANY CONCERNS WHATSOEVER ABOUT THE TWIST WILL NOT BE POSTED IN THE DISCUSSION THREAD BUT RATHER PM TO ONE OF US. If it is about something more general than you may post in the discussion thread. Anything that raises concern or may cause strife between members are to be kept in the PM system. Once it is addressed, one of us will address it in the thread.

Yeah Kritez if all goes well you'll be able to sign next time when school isn't so hectic ^^

Radi's one of a kind gift <3

^My Wish List^

Red face

1. EMOTION/COLOR:
    A sig that emphasizes a color that reveals an emotion. In this round the contestant will be given a color that is suppose to represent an emotion. Or it could be the other way around, in which a contestant will be given an emotion that is suppose to emphasize a color. The point of this theme is to test contestant in having to create art through emotion, passion, and creativity. Colors may represent various emotions, as well as, emotions representing different colors. For example, Red MAY represent Love, or it can also represent Anger. Contestants are not allowed to pick what color and or emotion they have. The color and emotion will be PMd to the contestant. There is no changing what you have!

2. PHOTO-MANIPULATION LP:
    This round will feature an LP. This is the first Void Single Person Tournament to incorporate both an LP and Sigs. This round will be about Photo-manipulation. The Photo-manipulation will be on the canvas of an LP. Now seeing as the Void is not an LP forum, the ability for artist to make LPs might be limited, but that's OK. That's actually embodies the whole Tournament itself. The dimensions are previously mentioned. The LP can be about anything. DON'T LET THE THEME RESTRICT YOU! You must have Photo-manipulation present, and most preferably the focal or your masterpiece, but don't think just because it says PHOTO-MANIPULATION that you must be scared. Try various things!
    (NOTE: LPs ARE NOT LARGE SIGNATURES! When making LPs try to incorporate various concepts or ideas that would express a large art. When I think of LPs I think of a giant book. It shows emotions, symbolism, passion, etc.)

3. ILLUSIONAL POP-OUT
    Bet you didn't see this one coming! This is all about creativity. This will be in sig form! It will have to create an "optical illusion". The Illusion itself does not have to "mind fuck" you. It can be something calm but makes you think. YOU determine if it is an illusion. If there are any concerns please contact one of us! For this round specifically, we recommend you turn in the sig early and ask if indeed it abides by the rules! REMEMBER, you have 1 adjustment per round; don't waste it! The sig must also have some sort of POP-OUT element in it. This will be one of the harder rounds. Please be innovative and original. Don't try that Black and White Circle. Try something new. Try incorporating patterns. This will test artistic talent and creativity!

4.DOUBLE FOCAL/NO "EFFECTS"
    As crazy as it seems to say no "effects", this round emphasizes on "obscure" effects. First off, the sig MUST have a double focal. Too often, artist limit themselves to concentrating on one thing and not actually realizing what a true focal is. A focal does not have to be ONE subject, but rather what is seen first. This challenge is to create a double focal signature. In this we mean, there has to be TWO subjects present that the eye focuses on. Pertaining to the effects, you CAN NOT use C4Ds, Fractals, or anything of that sorts! You may use Brushes, Pen Tool, Shapes, Filters, etc. This round you must basically create your effects. You may use pre-made brushes from other people, such as splatter brush, BUT it can not be the main effects. The main effect must be some variation of your own created effect!

so basically those 4 will be the themes, but not in that order?"
    im too lazy to read walls of text