> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Arts and technology education

I'm planning to go to Arts and technology education when I pass my final exams.
    Now I have to write my motivation letter (don't know if you also say it like that) But I have to write about my interests, who I am and such.
    And I also need to explain why they should take me to come to the Arts and technology education.
    This letter wil be judged on content and CREATIVITY.
    So I thought: let's put some work of mine into this letter so they can see that I'm creative and that I'm suitable for the education.
    My question is: Which of my works should I choose? Cause I have the feeling that I can ruin my letter when I choose the wrong work
    Check out my deviantart for my work.
    http://cs4pro.deviantart.com/

Good luck with your letter mate. It's hard to choose which ones are the best cous all your sigs are great. After some time decided to put these 3 out as my favs:
    http://cs4pro.deviantart.com/art/Kanye-West-194423634
    http://cs4pro.deviantart.com/art/Ill...rage-194423961
    http://cs4pro.deviantart.com/art/DMX-199968072

Gaaf is offline Fight Club is closed..

Super Moderator

Ik schrijf dit eerste stukje even in het nederlands
    ik ben niet zo slim dat ik die opleiding kan doen en ik ga dus mbo doen ik ben al aangenomen voor mbo grafish vormgever, ligt denk ik in de buurt met wat jij wilt gaan doen :P ik moest naar die school komen en mijn portfolio mee nemen, als jij dit ook moet neem dan ook echt alles mee tekeningen dingen van beeldende vorming en signatures of large art, en leg een beetje uit hoe je ze gemaakt hebben zodat ze ook al een idee hebben dat je met ps programma's om kan gaan maar asl je aleen een brief moet schijven zal ik wat afwisselende dingen er in doen misschien een tekening iets wat je met de computer hebt gedaan of iets dat je hebt gemaakt op school, en zet een link neer van als ze meer willen zien. hoop dat het lukt man, ik ben in ieder geval al aangenomen voor grafish vormgever :P

guys this stuff is in dutch dont delete it, i can explain him better in dutch so :P

edit: Doe niet aleen signatures in die brief, want plaatjes kun je stelen op internet en dat weten hun ook, een tekening met je handtekening laat je creatviteit veel beter zien
    Last edited by Gaaf; 03-24-2011 at 10:17 AM.

Eigenlijk heb ik hetzelde idee als Jordi. Neem een portfolio met alles, en ook beschrijving bij iedere tag. Als je er niet bij verteld dat je ook met Illustrator, Flash en cinema c4d kan werken is dat toch jammer. Hoop dat het zo goed gaat komen, veel succes iig.

This is in dutch too. ;p

Thnx for the comments guys.
    If my letter is good enough they will invite me for a talk where I can show my portfolio. But yea.. first I have to send that letter.
    And it WILL be judged on creativity. I can't really draw. It's not my thing, tho I would like to learn it.
    So A drawing is not going happen gaaf .

Gaaf is offline Fight Club is closed..

Super Moderator

hehe im not to good at draws to, only grafity and cartoons
    but goodluck with the letter m8

Sigs are cool and everything but if you are really looking to impress I think more large art work and actual graphic design like logos, typographies can help you out there, after all professionals (people who actually pursue art as a living) don't make exactly, at least from what I seen but thats just me and I wouldn't know the requirements for art institutions such as the one your applying to.

However, good luck on getting in!
    This would be a good one to choose:
    http://cs4pro.deviantart.com/art/Wol...F13018896&qo=0
    Shows nice smudging and texture.

Quote Originally Posted by Slave
    takken, you sweet boy you, i could eat you 6^

The work you show all depends on how prestigious the school is, and what art courses you are taking.

What they are most looking at will be technique, composition, and those things that relate to real world jobs. And I agree with Takken, the larger the picture the better, like how people make mock logos, ads, posters etc.

Commissions and stickers available via linktree here.

Yea I agree with you guys about the large art.
    Tho I have to put it in my letter so I can't make it that large. I will try to create some large art when I get an invite to come to the school. Thnx!