» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: AIDS Walk

1: so we've all agreed that what elipse said makes him a bastard
    2: so my roommate's bein a bitch and rubbing it in my face that her parents are motherfucking rich and that they donated $200 to the fund. I want to rub it in HER face that i have better friends than her. donations, please??? <3 <3 <3

Don't wanna be a prick here but really, lots of people nowadays are very, VERY irresponsible with their sexual life and pay little regard to it. Its only when its too late that they realize what they have done. In a sense and to an extent I agree with Elipse, because lets be real, besides hereditary passing (right way to phrase to it? lol) unprotected sex with an infected partner is probably one of the top 3 leading causes of HIV in persons in the world today. Of course, in no way will I ignore that in a lot of those situations, there were mass amounts of rape. A perfect example of this would be Africa. Or even peer pressure where lots of teens and young people really don't think but act on impulse to impress others or be accepted. (This is looking at it from a narrow point of view; don't feel like researching and all that shit) But yeah, thats the reality we are living in. So to pounce of Elipse and call him a prick for what he said would be somewhat silly, however understandable because I too also think he hasn't looked at it from a wide enough perspective. Nonetheless it does not mean what he has said has no merit though as Pete implied could have said it better. People need to have a more responsible sex life in regards to that particular comment. I don't agree entirely with his statement but yes, that is also fact. Nut and others already covered some other factors concerning the disease.

Great initiative. I don't live in NYC currently but if I did, I would be inclined to join the walk to say the least. Good luck with the venture!f
    Last edited by Takken; 03-30-2011 at 09:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slave
    takken, you sweet boy you, i could eat you 6^

Quote Originally Posted by Takken View Post
    Don't wanna be a prick here but really, lots of people nowadays are very, VERY irresponsible with their sexual life and pay little regard to it. Its only when its too late that they realize what they have done. In a sense and to an extent I agree with Elipse, because lets be real, besides hereditary passing (right way to phrase to it? lol) unprotected sex with an infected partner is probably one of the top 3 leading causes of HIV in persons in the world today. Of course, in no way will I ignore that in a lot of those situations, there were mass amounts of rape. A perfect example of this would be Africa. Or even peer pressure where lots of teens and young people really don't think but act on impulse to impress others or be accepted. (This is looking at it from a narrow point of view; don't feel like researching and all that shit) But yeah, thats the reality we are living in. So to pounce of Elipse and call him a prick for what he said would be somewhat silly, however understandable because I too also think he hasn't looked at it from a wide enough perspective. Nonetheless it does not mean what he has said has no merit though as Pete implied could have said it better. People need to have a more responsible sex life in regards to that particular comment. I don't agree entirely with his statement but yes, that is also fact. Nut and others already covered some other factors concerning the disease.

Great initiative. I don't live in NYC currently but if I did, I would be inclined to join the walk to say the least. Good luck with the venture!f
    Well said. And here are some quick stats for you I just grabbithed(Noun; to grab quickly)! =D

"Men are more affected by HIV and AIDS in the United States than women.

In 2008 males accounted for 3 out of 4 AIDS diagnoses in the U.S.

The HIV transmission route leading to the most AIDS diagnosis in 2008 was male-to-male sexual contact, followed by injection drug use and heterosexual contact."

So yeah, the three leading causes for aids in the U.S. are not accidental but irresponsible. That is pretty sad, and I guess I see why that makes it harder for some people to give to things like this. :/

one big problem is the misunderstanding of how AIDS is transmitted. You dont have to have sexual intercourse to get AIDS, as long as bodily fluids are transmitted (although you can't get HIV/AIDS from just kissing). people will often know that they have HIV/AIDS but say, "as long as i dont have sex i'm fine," or even not tell their partner about the disease, thus inflicting it upon them.
    another big problem is that most people do not know they have HIV/AIDS. 1 in every 5 people who have HIV are not diagnosed with it, let alone reported, so there's no real way in knowing the exact number of cases. When you dont know you have HIV, how are you supposed to know not to spread it, or how to treat it?
    regardless of the implications of this disease, it is still a really good cause, and one that i still need some donations for.

my roommate is beating me in raising funds. this is not okay!

please help!!

Most of aids is because of irresponsible but, i understand people get it genetically but, that just means their parents were irresponsible, sorry if i came out as being a dick, because it really is a deadly disease.

you should donate to redeem yourself.

Ill donate when my next paycheck comes in, its a good cause.

people need to stop arguing on here and just help out, i know i dont want to grow up and one day get aids and im pretty sure none of you guys want that either
    [Enter Signature Here]
    Gifts: [x][x][x]

I'd like to help but honestly I think people should be donating more towards Japan than a disease that people have got because they were horny >_<

Even if it was not you directly.
    Need a team? Second 2 None is recruiting!

Quote Originally Posted by Morbidsheep
    Its probably because you c4d spam like everyone else. Where's the originality in that. You gotta try other stuff if you wanna go higher.

who are you guys to say not using a condom is irresponsible, should someone still have to wear a condom if they love their partner and want to be with them forever?
    what about long term married couples.. should they ALWAYS use condoms?
    No.
    so STFU and have some respect, TBH im already pretty pissed off at how you have hijacked this thread already, so if you feel the need to reply to me. Do so by PM.

This is a worthy cause and i support it 100%
    good luck pandy <3
    thanks naruto <3

Quote Originally Posted by littlefeet View Post
    they say until it happens they wont believe it, but if it ever does happen, they'll say it didn't actually happen. So it can actually never happen to them, even if it does happen to them
    << LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Jay X View Post
    who are you guys to say not using a condom is irresponsible, should someone still have to wear a condom if they love their partner and want to be with them forever?
    what about long term married couples.. should they ALWAYS use condoms?
    No.
    so STFU and have some respect, TBH im already pretty pissed off at how you have hijacked this thread already, so if you feel the need to reply to me. Do so by PM.

This is a worthy cause and i support it 100%
    good luck pandy <3

Uhm if you want to be safe.

Then yes.

Your point = invalid.
    Need a team? Second 2 None is recruiting!

Quote Originally Posted by Morbidsheep
    Its probably because you c4d spam like everyone else. Where's the originality in that. You gotta try other stuff if you wanna go higher.