No Members online

» Site Navigation

> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

View Poll Results: Do you want the SS to continue?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

20 74.07%
  • No

7 25.93%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Quote Originally Posted by Takken View Post
    I agree with what you said in the bold.

However in no way does having less competitions to run and to participate in will mean the members will improve on the quality of their work. No way at all. Its not about the number, its about the effort one is willing to put in for that piece and submit it to the comps, which is why I said in the beginning that comps like the SS can bring out the best in the members because they will be doing their best to win.

Now I understand wholeheartedly what you mean about if there are too many comps running at once, one may not be able to put in their all into the pieces and this isn't just applicable to art here on the Void, but life in general so such a sentiment is understandable but at the same time, you can't base it just off of that.

Even though there is this poll and stuff, chances are if the SS becomes to troublesome to run and clashes too much with the other innovative comp such as Test Your Talent, then it will be ditched in favor of the latter. I don't think the community will take that lying low inspite of the other comps here.

What I think could happen if such a thing may occur is that these comps are ran at different times so that they don't clash with each other and other members won't have to rush for both comps within the same general time frame.

Like for example (just a rough sketch), one can run the Test Your Talent at one point in time, and then run the SS at another point in time, but neither at the same time. Even IF Test Your Talent is slated for the improvement of the members, none of you can deny that SS has become a huge part of competitive heart for the members of the Void and to take it away because of another comp just like that will be unfair at most. If both comps take turns at being active instead of being held at the same time, then I see no reason as to why it can't work. (Its an idea)

Besides its obvious that so far a majority still want to continue the SS anyway.
    I have already decided in favour of keeping SS going because our members want it.

I had also worked out long before this poll went up how I would be running SS an tyt they would be running of diff time sheduals, every other month in between each other so as not to distract.

What we were trying to see here is if ppl didn't want to give up something to get something new or different. Or all together scrap.

For me it wasn't really about too many comps, it was about this comp being to generic and run of the mill tag factory. I don't find that the challenges are very challenging and I didn't think ppl were actually taking it seriously. Over10 ppl stoped producing tags for this comp only by round 3, that tells me that ppl arn't half as interested in it as they thought. It also showed me that these ppl didn't actually take it seriously enough to show up for their matches. In many cases ppl stated in the voting thread that they didn't really try for their tag. I also was in a round with soemone who just changed a bg and focal an showed up with the tags for our match, IMO thats a premade. Rules seemed to have also gone slack for SS and wern't being properly followed.

I wanted to see how far Void was about getting or keeping this. For now SS will continue to run after this, but the next time I run this puppy, if we do have too many ppl signing up than ditching, than I might have reservations on continuing it. Why would I waste my volunteered time on something for ppl not to show up ?

All I'm asking from Void members is, if you sign up be prepared to actually do it. It is not fair to me or their matches if they do not. I give up my time to give something to you, please don't make it for nothing. Get me ?

Radi's one of a kind gift <3

^My Wish List^

Well we will be going with the majority, regardless of the final outcome, obviously.

Thanks.
    Prick.

I just want a revamped version..

=Slave;581235

All I'm asking from Void members is, if you sign up be prepared to actually do it. It is not fair to me or their matches if they do not. I give up my time to give something to you, please don't make it for nothing. Get me ?
    I can't agree more. If you are in, you are in. Please be sure you can participate.

Thanks.
    Prick.

Quote Originally Posted by Slave View Post
    I have already decided in favour of keeping SS going because our members want it.

I had also worked out long before this poll went up how I would be running SS an tyt they would be running of diff time sheduals, every other month in between each other so as not to distract.

What we were trying to see here is if ppl didn't want to give up something to get something new or different. Or all together scrap.

For me it wasn't really about too many comps, it was about this comp being to generic and run of the mill tag factory. I don't find that the challenges are very challenging and I didn't think ppl were actually taking it seriously. Over10 ppl stoped producing tags for this comp only by round 3, that tells me that ppl arn't half as interested in it as they thought. It also showed me that these ppl didn't actually take it seriously enough to show up for their matches. In many cases ppl stated in the voting thread that they didn't really try for their tag. I also was in a round with soemone who just changed a bg and focal an showed up with the tags for our match, IMO thats a premade. Rules seemed to have also gone slack for SS and wern't being properly followed.

I wanted to see how far Void was about getting or keeping this. For now SS will continue to run after this, but the next time I run this puppy, if we do have too many ppl signing up than ditching, than I might have reservations on continuing it. Why would I waste my volunteered time on something for ppl not to show up ?

Fair enough Good luck then!

Quote Originally Posted by Slave
    takken, you sweet boy you, i could eat you 6^

I like all the battles, because it makes me look extra sharp at the art that I'm voting for!
    I don't have enough time to participate in all the competitions, but I try to make a sig off the week every week. I like the setup of the SS tho, cause it's tournament like!! So "yes" for me...