No Members online

» Site Navigation

> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

View Poll Results: Do you want the SS to continue?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

20 74.07%
  • No

7 25.93%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Apathy View Post
    Yes. We are currently debating on weather or not to allow the Gestapo to stay on the void.
    Ahh okay, because they aren't a great crowd. Watch out for the Black Hand as well. Oh look chocolate!

lol, guess it sucks not having someone to do all that work on the ss.... goodluck,

Quote Originally Posted by Kritez View Post
    lol, guess it sucks not having someone to do all that work on the ss.... goodluck,

It's not abotu the work, I'm 100% capable of running this thing.

TBH it's about it not being stimulating enough or enough of a challenge, and ppl signng up who don't finish what they started because they have problems with teams and school life and every other reason.

Not saying some of you don't have good reasons.

To speak about myself. I am currently in all comp battles besides sotw now and i am host/co-host of 4 comps/battles. I have a full life of 2 children a hosue to run and study 4 hours out of the day and I am still capable to be involved, meet deadlines, and host the suckers up.

So saying that we can't keep pace with what you had imo I feel an insult to my job as mod here and the things i do in my own life as wife/mother/friend/student and mod.

Radi's one of a kind gift <3

^My Wish List^

didn't say you couldn't or weren't able, just said it sucks that you have to..

comparing ones busyness to another is just silly.

not saying you cant keep up with what i did... to be honest there are only a few mods that could do ss, you are probably one of them.

the amount of work that is involved in SS is more that the other comps here though... lets be honest.

plus, when you look at past SS comps, majority of people turn in there work... and people love the challenge... who wouldnt want to compete against the best sig makers on the site.. lol

personally i could care less whether you guys do ss.

didn't say you couldn't or weren't able, just said it sucks that you have to..

comparing ones busyness to another is just silly.

not saying you cant keep up with what i did... to be honest there are only a few mods that could do ss, you are probably one of them.

the amount of work that is involved in SS is more that the other comps here though... lets be honest.

plus, when you look at past SS comps, majority of people turn in there work... and people love the challenge... who wouldnt want to compete against the best sig makers on the site.. lol

personally i could care less whether you guys do ss.
    Keep it civil. Use the PM system ok?

Thank you.

And for the record, she offered to run it. She does not have to run it.

Thanks.
    Prick.

No, I just don't think it needs to be here anymore.

Won't be the same either way. Even if we do have our lovely hostess Slave help run it.
    Need a team? Second 2 None is recruiting!

Quote Originally Posted by Morbidsheep
    Its probably because you c4d spam like everyone else. Where's the originality in that. You gotta try other stuff if you wanna go higher.

I'm pretty sure the other mods could handle it, after all when you have a look at the core aspect, it's just a Knockout Comp with a few twists and such.

You might be right that the SS had a bit of work to it, but there have been several comps in the past that has had just as much, if not more work done to it. I remember the old Teams battles being very complex when Takken and Radz were running them. They had a hard time running it, but they managed to do it.

To sum it all up, a comp can be run by any moderator or even a member just as long as they know what the rules are and what needs to be done.

but the team tourny failed... multiple times.
    lol

its not the concept thats hard, its the way its presented and how its ran

I like how the polls are going up right after the entries are turned in now. Didn't like having to wait one week after the deadline for a simple set of polls to go up.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Enns View Post
    As we stand right now, we have Signature of the Week, King of the Hill, and Signature Showdown which are tag exclusive, then Test Your Talent, which is a mix, and designed to be tough, Large art competition and vectors.

I have noticed that a large number of things being produced on here are just for battles, not for yourselves. Sure, battles help you hone your skill, but if you can only make something for a battle then what?

I have also seen people who have run out of time, cannot put full time into a piece due to being too busy, which might be due to how many competitions we have.

I move that we reduce the number that are being run, as to better run the ones we keep, and to see better results.

I want to see Quality over Quantity
    I agree with what you said in the bold.

However in no way does having less competitions to run and to participate in will mean the members will improve on the quality of their work. No way at all. Its not about the number, its about the effort one is willing to put in for that piece and submit it to the comps, which is why I said in the beginning that comps like the SS can bring out the best in the members because they will be doing their best to win.

Now I understand wholeheartedly what you mean about if there are too many comps running at once, one may not be able to put in their all into the pieces and this isn't just applicable to art here on the Void, but life in general so such a sentiment is understandable but at the same time, you can't base it just off of that.

Even though there is this poll and stuff, chances are if the SS becomes to troublesome to run and clashes too much with the other innovative comp such as Test Your Talent, then it will be ditched in favor of the latter. I don't think the community will take that lying low inspite of the other comps here.

What I think could happen if such a thing may occur is that these comps are ran at different times so that they don't clash with each other and other members won't have to rush for both comps within the same general time frame.

Like for example (just a rough sketch), one can run the Test Your Talent at one point in time, and then run the SS at another point in time, but neither at the same time. Even IF Test Your Talent is slated for the improvement of the members, none of you can deny that SS has become a huge part of competitive heart for the members of the Void and to take it away because of another comp just like that will be unfair at most. If both comps take turns at being active instead of being held at the same time, then I see no reason as to why it can't work. (Its an idea)

Besides its obvious that so far a majority still want to continue the SS anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Slave
    takken, you sweet boy you, i could eat you 6^