> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default My first official sig

This is my first signature without following along with a tutorial. As such, I would love some CnC on this. I really dislike the text, but I honestly can't find something I like, so I would very much like any recommendations on that so I can fix it. Thank you for your time.

V2:
    Last edited by Poe; 05-26-2011 at 12:11 AM.

for your first this is amazing just work on the flew it camed alil bit weird except from that amazing kiu

Thank you. Can you explain exactly what flow is for me? I think I have an understanding, but I could be wrong.

thats very good for a first timer...its clean and not messy text in not that bad...

tips:
    there isnt anything happening here so as much as possible try to add some nice bg and some nice effects

^thanks for the epic gift AGITATOR!

SOTW:261|265|288|308 |edwinpabito.deviantart.com

This is great for a first sig, Things to work on;

Flow: Flow is pretty much what it sounds like just make everything in the tag flowing in a single direction smoothy much like a river/flowing water.

Depth: Depth can be achieved by Blurring your background and effects that you want to look to be in the background, and then sharpening your foreground and effects you want to be in the foreground. Depth can also be achieved by burning and dodge certain parts of the tag such as burning the dark parts of the tag and dodging the already light spots of the tag. Most people like to burn around the edges of their tag to give it more depth. You could also use a high pass filter set on overlay and lower the opacity of the layer a bit to get some depth. To create a high pass layer you make a new layer> Apply image> Filter> Other> High Pass.

Blending: When Blending you want to try to get the render and background to flow smoothly with each other and transition from one to the other smoothly you also want to try to keep the render and background in the same color scheme or use colors that complaint each other. Using Gradient maps set on different settings like Lighten, Hue, Multiply etc will help you balance out certain colors and give for a nice effect.

Lighting: Using a white soft brush is never a very good choice for a light source, using the burn/dodge method I mentioned in the Depth section will give you a nice light source.

Effects: Your effects are nice, but they're all in the Background, try adding some c4d's overlapping the render.

Also, try not to leave so much negative space in your tags. You've got way too much space on the right side which kind of kills the overall feel, I like to just slightly off center my focal point(To please the idiotic rule of thirds nazi's.)

That's just a basic breakdown I'm sure someone else can explain this all better. But I hope this helps.

^you should make a guide or something like that for beginners and make sticky it or something

Very nice for a first. I think your main thing to worry about now is blending in your focal/render. This could also help your flow and fill out the negative space in your tag.
    Remember to keep looking at tutorials, most people on this site know what they're doing and some do an awesome job, but they still encourage tutorials so that they can learn new things. So don't just stop now that you have basic knowledge of signature making.
    Overall, good job and keep practicing!
    ~Deviantart~

Youtube : www.youtube.com/MrDeanage

Thank you guys. I changed a few things and now have Version2 up.

your even better than NomNom even though its your first time GJ

this guy is going to improve his skills very quickly it seems.