» Site Navigation

> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Default Battle of the Buddy Builders!

This is a very unique tournament I want to start. It tests your ability to adapt and be creative! My imaginary friend Giorgio has asked me all the questions I think might come up. And apparently before we can start I have to get a mod to join in and help me, so if there is a mod interested, please let me know =)

Join the ultimate buddy battle and see if you have what it takes to be more than a flash in the waffle iron!

What is Buddy Battle Builders?
    Thank you for asking, you are a lovely person. Buddy battles is a battle that's tests you and your buddy in the most unique way possible. It challenges you to see into the future!

Into the future? This sounds silly. Tell me more. How does it work?
    First you must select a buddy, and make sure you like your buddy, because you cannot switch buddies till it is over. Then you and your buddy will collab on a sig based on a certain theme and face another buddy team, with the winner advancing.

Wow...That is silly. This is just team SS, kritez will probably be putting a clipping mask under your chair for even suggesting it.
    It seems that way, but let me finish. In the next round you and your buddy will be given a new theme and face another buddy team.

Ok...nothing changed. What's the twist? There has to be a twist.
    Aha, you are right! The twist is that your sig from week one will be combined with this sig to create a mini wallpaper, and that is what people will be voting on, not the sig by itself.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. You want to combine two entirely different sigs based on two entirely different themes and have people vote on THAT?
    Exactly. Once again the winner advances.

Ok, this is kind of interesting. So what happens in the next round?
    IN the next round you and your buddy make TWO sigs based on TWO different themes and...

It's combined into a wallpaper with the first two sigs?
    You got it!

And that's what goes up for vote? Not the sig by itself.
    Yep.

Ok, how does it end?
    It ends with those last two sigs being combined with the first two to create a full wallpaper and that is what will be voted on.

So it goes from a sig battle to a wallpaper battle?
    Exactly.

And you and your buddy have to put your heads together to make 4 unique things become one pretty thing?
    Yep.

I like the sound of this. What does the winner get?
    A fancy pants buddy medal to show off, and buddy bragging rights!

Great I'm in...but I do have a few questions.
    Ok, shoot!

Can you change anything in your earlier sigs to make them flow better with your latest ones?
    Nope, trying to change the look of any sigs that were made in past weeks is an automatic DQ. You and buddy have to figure out a way to make things work without going backwards!

What if someone just cuts up a render into 4 pieces and tries to make it into a wallpaper over the weeks? Can you do that?
    Well, that might be a good strategy. But it will be tough to win round 1 with 1/4th of a render, so it is also a risky strategy. And it might backfire if the render doesn't work at all with one of the themes. The theme might be realism and you might have a cartoon character...uhoh!

Well about these themes. People will just make the wallpaper beforehand and then cut it up into 4ths and claim each was made separately. People like ketg wear cheater pants like that.
    Well good luck! The themes will be chosen randomly and will be announced one at a time. Meaning you never know next weeks theme, meaning to cut up a wallpaper beforehand would be a very very bad idea.

But YOU know next weeks theme, you will cheat little lady.
    Nopes. The theme of weeks 2 and 3 will be chosen by the team that has the prior weeks largest margin of victory. I will discuss it with them to make sure it;s challenging enough to force people out of their comfort zone, but the final choice is theirs. =D

Fancy! How do I sign up?
    Just say you want to below and say who your buddy will be! AND tell me your team name. Remember, there are only 3 rounds, which means only 8 teams, so sign up quick!

Wait a minute, one last things, how will matchups be chosen?
    Out of your hat!

Sounds awesome XD
    when's the start date of the tournament?
    and I've never had my cheaterpants on :O

Quote Originally Posted by ketg View Post
    Sounds awesome XD
    when's the start date of the tournament?
    and I've never had my cheaterpants on :O
    You always have them on under your regular pants. =D

The first entry will be due 5 days from whenever a mod says they will help, so I'll announce that when it happens. I want to make it short enough that people can't spend bunches of time figuring out how to make it work, they kind of have to be creative on the fly!

Just wondering, have u asked a mod or admin about this?

Members of the void aren't allowed to run a tournament without the permission and help of a mod. Josh Fx just went through this same thing. Run this by a mod before sign-ups please!

But if it does go through, then it actually sounds like a great idea!

Quote Originally Posted by littlefeet View Post
    You always have them on under your regular pants. =D

The first entry will be due 5 days from whenever a mod says they will help, so I'll announce that when it happens. I want to make it short enough that people can't spend bunches of time figuring out how to make it work, they kind of have to be creative on the fly!
    So I have cheaterpants on under my fancypants =D
    Sounds like a good plan ~

Quote Originally Posted by JustInCredible View Post
    Just wondering, have u asked a mod or admin about this?

Members of the void aren't allowed to run a tournament without the permission and help of a mod. Josh Fx just went through this same thing. Run this by a mod before sign-ups please!

But if it does go through, then it actually sounds like a great idea!
    Thanks! And yeah I know the rules, I thought it would be best to just make the post and then wait to set a date until a mod volunteered. If you're only supposed to recruit one through pm I didn't know that. :/
    Quote Originally Posted by ketg View Post
    So I have cheaterpants on under my fancypants =D
    Sounds like a good plan ~
    The plan of any good pants wearer!

hmm sound like a great idea, but haven't got a buddy yet...
    First SOTW win (301)

Gift from my secret backup santa Oath ^ <3

Gifts <-- clickie

I'm still confused, I'll read this when I have more free time tonight, I might sign off on this if I can understand this better.

EDIT: Scratch that, there isn't a chance in hell I can free up time for this tourney this month, sry little.

Radi's one of a kind gift <3

^My Wish List^

ill sign up, im gonna go get my partner in a min to post here...

edit; nvmd will take too much time :S
    Last edited by BurritoCat; 06-07-2011 at 01:58 PM.
    I can only build if I tear the walls down.
    http://fmacmanus.deviantart.com