Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: halo

Default halo

Awesome tag

But a bit more lighting would be nice :P

Get rid of the text, it looks weak imho..
    Visit My Deviant Art

Tutorials
    [Stalker][Spidey][Clipping Masks]

Quote Originally Posted by Syn
    [29-07, 08:20] You're a bit weird, aren't you Lewk? Lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Apathy
    [17-10, 19:37] 720p you can see the razor burn on the crotch

Quote Originally Posted by Lewk View Post
    Get rid of the text, it looks weak imho..
    Text is a very weak point for me. I usually leave it out but I just clipped it for the hell of it. Thanks for the feedback.

Looks a little cluttered, I like that you used just C4D's and stuff rather then use a Stock.
    Might I ask, what did you use for the Helmets' effect?
    But, if you look closely, you can tell that the Render blending is a bit bleh ;O
    Focus on Render blending a bit more, and effects around the piece, maybe lower the lighting in some areas, and add more lighting.
    Theres so much more you can add to this, meaning, if you make a V2, it will look really good.

Quote Originally Posted by Loroy View Post
    Looks a little cluttered, I like that you used just C4D's and stuff rather then use a Stock.
    Might I ask, what did you use for the Helmets' effect?
    But, if you look closely, you can tell that the Render blending is a bit bleh ;O
    Focus on Render blending a bit more, and effects around the piece, maybe lower the lighting in some areas, and add more lighting.
    Theres so much more you can add to this, meaning, if you make a V2, it will look really good.
    This is my 4th ever tag, I've only done a few so I have yet to learn some techniques. And for the helmet I just turned down the flow to 50% on a soft brush and added a Linear Dodge(add) blending option to it.

I'll see what I can do and try another piece, thanks for the feedback.

Hello Hova, welcome to void ^^

I think your colour choices and going more b/w with this tag give it an jawsome atmosphere and really bring out the red dramatically, good stuff it works well. The splatter as well is a really good play of depth.

I Would suggest darkening up some of the red to bring more attention to your focal and on the far left with your c4d feels kind of flat there, maybe erase some of the blur going on or add in one more layer of c4d not blured.

For the red I would suggest2 things, either put a gray layer on top of all this and put your burn tool ( on low op) to some areas, such as the rim of his visor. on the left where his shoulder meets his neck, etc. and or put a black layer on top of all this then put it to colour dodge, get a nice dark red with round brush and low op and low fill colour more of those areas as said above, just to make it stand out a little more.

Hope to see more of you ^^

Radi's one of a kind gift <3

^My Wish List^

Wow, this is really good, i really like everything, but i do agree with what slave said you need to fix a little bit of stuff up and your good to go

As many have mentioned, get rid of the text. It really lowers the quality of this piece.

However, overall this tag looks fantastic. I love the use of depth and lighting. It really emphasizes the focal point. Well done.

Ugh your signature is way too Micheal Bay'd
    Visit my DeviantArt for more.

Quote Originally Posted by Slave View Post
    Hello Hova, welcome to void ^^

I think your colour choices and going more b/w with this tag give it an jawsome atmosphere and really bring out the red dramatically, good stuff it works well. The splatter as well is a really good play of depth.

I Would suggest darkening up some of the red to bring more attention to your focal and on the far left with your c4d feels kind of flat there, maybe erase some of the blur going on or add in one more layer of c4d not blured.

For the red I would suggest2 things, either put a gray layer on top of all this and put your burn tool ( on low op) to some areas, such as the rim of his visor. on the left where his shoulder meets his neck, etc. and or put a black layer on top of all this then put it to colour dodge, get a nice dark red with round brush and low op and low fill colour more of those areas as said above, just to make it stand out a little more.

Hope to see more parts of you ^^
    ^Fixed it, urwelcome.

Nice, I really like it, and I like how nicely the C4D colors match the render.

DM ↓ all three of it