» Site Navigation

> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Default Open Mic Night Suicide :0

Just saw this story the other day this must have been crazy show.

source: nydailynews

Teenager stabs himself to death onstage at open mic night in front of shocked crowd at coffee shop

"An Oregon teenager shocked a crowd at a coffee shop last week when he stabbed himself to death on stage after singing at an open mic night.
    Kipp Rusty Walker, 19, took the stage at Strictly Organic Coffee in the town of Bend, Or. on Thursday to perform a song he called "Sorry for the Mess."
    When he finished playing, he pulled out a knife with a double-edged 6 inch blade and stabbed himself multiple times in the chest in front of a confused crowd of roughly 15 people.
    "It was really unclear at first what was even happening. Because, you know, it is an open mic and it's a performance," the shop's co-owner Rhonda Ealy told local television station KTVZ. "People at first thought it was some sort of theatre."
    Once the crowd saw blood and figured out what was happening, Walker was rushed to St. Charles Medical Center where he died of his wounds.
    A friend of his, who did not want to be identified, told Oregon's NewsChannel 21 Walker's death did not come as much of a surprise because the teenager had contemplated suicide before and even planned to kill himself in a public place.
    "I've been preparing for it for a while, I'm sad about it, but I think I'm in shock, it's like a whirlwind of emotions," the friend said. "It was almost like he wanted to prove a point, like there's no point in being scared of death because it's going to happen to us anyway."
    Walker first tried to take his own life on Mar. 20th, the friend said, who helped to have him hospitalized at the psychiatric unit of St. Charles Medical Center-Bend.
    He said he warned Walker that killing himself would have lasting implications.
    "I actually told him, I was like, 'Dude, this is going to mess a lot of people up," the friend told the TV station.
    The traumatic incident is the first of its kind in the area, police Sgt. Chris Carney told Oregon radio station KBND.
    "You know, 19 years with the Police Department, I can't think of any event similar to this where somebody's done something in such a public forum," he said. "We still don't know the reason why he chose to do this, why he chose this location or anything and we probably never will."
    Counseling has been made available to witnesses or anyone affected by Walker's death.
    "Most people never have to see anything like that in their entire lives and never have before, so it is a life-changing experience," Ealy told KTVZ.
    Walker would have turned 20 this week."

Gaaf is offline Fight Club is closed..

Super Moderator

eww bad advertisement for the coffee shop..
    And if the friend knew it already, why didnt he inform some1 about his problems?
    and that song, sorry for the mess lol
    anyways sad story...

That's tragic, hope the family and friends can cope without having severe daily breakdowns. Suicides are invetitable, unpredictable (sometimes) and is the most self-centered thing to do so if you know any suicidal people, contact a Suicide Hotline and ask for advice. You can save a life.

Hope the guy rests in peace.

edit;; my friend Robert attempted to hang himself at the school camp and tried to stab that bully all on that same day. Luckily my mate Julian was a life-saver and saw him being hung in the male toilets and quickly helped him. It is a sign of fate, sort of like a gun being jammed when you attempt to shoot yourself in the head.

What I'm trying to say is expect the unexpected and don't mess with troubled/suicidal people. You know their name, not their closed door. Don't be prejudice or aim without having a solid reason. I use to be a bully but then I learnt great emphasis and sympathy. If your feeling down or having problems anyone is welcomed to talk to me, I'm not going to be elaborate and help you from point A to B exactly, but I'm very understandable and it is good to release problems instead of building a frenzy-quantity of psychotic problems.
    Last edited by Misery; 06-18-2011 at 06:50 AM.

whoa I'm in shock
    That really is sad.
    As said I wish his family all the best and friends
    RIP Kipp Rusty Walker

Contemplating suicide goes much deeper then just a split decision. Many people who think about it or try it are more likely try a second time and continue trying until they achieve the results they desire. You see, the idea like a tumor. It lives within the person and grows, taking over their ideas and pushes the person to their limit. Kipp could have been saved that night, but his failure would only be an embarrassment to him. How could he go through life after that when everyone knows he was willing to give it all up.

It's rather sad actually. Not many people here will actually understand what he went through, and for those of us who do, we don't want people to know what it's like.

I feel sorry for this guy because of how he believed he ran out of options. There's always a choice. There's always something better and even if he was at his breaking point, I'm betting that there will be people mourning him because they cared about him.

[Removed]
    Last edited by Nutter; 06-18-2011 at 10:36 AM. Reason: .

Fork.... Don't even think about trolling this thread.

It wasn't a troll statement what I said was true. People are always like Suicide is the most selfish act someone can do, yeah it sucks losing someone to suicide but like I stated before people can do what they want to with their lives who are we to say what they can and can not do. Wanting someone not to commit suicide, and telling them to seek counseling is just as selfish. None of us actually knew him, I'm sure he was a good person but it was his choice, there is no way anyone could have known what he was thinking, even if you've attempted or thought of suicide, everyone is different. With every death comes mourning but it makes people stronger. I'm sure he's in a better place now. I'd rather commit suicide then have to deal with counselors and people treating me like a child because they think I'm going to off myself if they say the wrong thing. Shoving pills down someones throat, forcing them into counseling and preaching about god doesn't save people. It was his decision, and I respect it. Not that I encourage people to go off killing themselves.

^All opinion based; 'tis what I believe though.^