Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Thread: Super Mario

Default Super Mario

What do you think? I think its a bit polluted :S

Default CnC

Wen I looked at the Tag the very first thing I noticed was the right side effects coming off the ball, liking you concept.

You lacked execution, though. Remember that leaving huge black spots around the boarder of your signatures is never a good idea because our eyes tend to wonder to those spots a lot.

The best way to maintain your renders Focal is by lighting up his face/body and lowering the lighting around him. Adding too much sharp/effects on top of the render will also kill your depth/focal and at the end you are left with a bunch of effects and a character somewhere in between all of them, that's one thing you want to watch out for.

Your adjustment layers could use a few more tweaks. The signature looks a bit mono-toned like a yellowish orange. Remember that you can always edit colors around your flame ball and your render.

Last but not least your render look a bit LQ (Low Quality), you can fix that by sharpening him up and bit and/or blurring certain pixel'd areas. You also want to keep in mind that the background should always be blurred to represent distance and objects that are meant to look close to the screen should also be a bit blurred to reflect a moving object that our eyes haven't fully focused on. Sharpening the entire signature is only a good idea if you don't have much of a background, or if you feel that sharper lookers better but you want to be careful with white spots and/or breaking colors (colors burned to the point of turning white or black).

Remember brighter and farther the effects are from your focal, the more we have to look around for the focus point.

GJ and KIU

Also, not required but if you liked my CNC please click on the green square in the upper right hand corner of my post with the R+ to give me reputation points, my goal is to beat Apathy and Slave, Thanks!
    Last edited by Synsational; 06-20-2011 at 06:42 AM.

lol um hey man i like what u was going for here,
    things i liked .
    lighting looks pretty good here as well .
    the colors are nice a bit dark but looks good.
    things can be fixed
    depth could use some work .
    i think what can be done to fix it is maybe re move some of the c4ds, not all and maybe tone down on the sharpness.

i will leave the rest of the cnc to res of the crew best of luck and keep doing what u doing .

First thing I have to say...
    WAY TOO SHARP BRO
    Anyway the lighting looks pretty good and has the right idea but is just a bit too strong
    Depth could use some tuning as well as atmosphere
    Colours are decent but maybe a bit more experimenting with gradient maps and you adjustment layers.
    Pretty sure it's white soft brushing I'm looking at but if it's not get rid of it anyway :P Near the top of Mario's head. Yeah don't do that haha not very realistic and makes the colours look washed out a bit. It's either white or the orange got too bright :S

You have a neat concept here and I am enjoying it although I find your execution a tad weak in the colors and composition department.

First off, good sense of lighting you have here and your effect placement is good, although that area of FX you have there seems very washed out and since it is a main focus, it is not very appealing.

Another thing is the composition you have in this piece. It's getting there but it is a bit too messy, especially the background.

What I would try to do is fix the lighting you have here and add more spice to it, color wise and try to make the overall piece less messy, by doing so you'll help this piece a lot.
    Good job, keep it up!

My gift wall!
    My gift wall #2!
    My Genesis Tag Tutorial, check it out here!
    My Halo Tag Tutorial, check it out here!