Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Thread: my latest works

Default my latest works

stfu and watch:

srsly comment
    Last edited by Imagine; 06-22-2011 at 09:39 AM.

my fav is 1 3 and 4
    the first i really like the the effects on this allot same with 3
    you got some great lighting on them bot and the effects look great imo .
    the 4th on i like what u did with the blurring of showing the speed ? and also good way to show your focal.
    what i would fix on the 4th one.
    is the light bulbs i dunno why there there but they look out of place like they don't belong there u could change it up to street lights would look cooler imo the coloring is really good almost looks a bit foggy as well. like it sprinkling or something maybe try adding some rain effects to it ?

just a few thoughts any ways those are things i like and would change i hope it was helpful ? +rep if it's helpfull

It was a helpfull tip i never saw those errors on the 4th sirenzo i like your ideas
    and what is +rep?
    rofl

The paint tossing in the first one needs work, it doesn't look realistic at all, the third one is 100x better (my fav). The car one is pretty cool, I just don't get the 2 big white orbs on either side of the car, it distracts you from the focal point. The others have poor blending,lighting and depth and need work.

click this

I like the concept of the tag, but the execution could be better, The paint splatters look as if they come from nowhere, the color of the splatters also don't really go with the overall tag I might have made some of them yellow and made them look like they were coming out of the text/image on his shirt. The background is a tad boring not much going on and the black background kind of makes it lack depth if you want to do a plain black BG you should make some of the splatters come out from behind him with a tiny bit of blur to them. Overall the tag is a bit to dark and the lighting is poorly executed, try to stay away from soft brush light sources there are many other ways to achieve adequate lighting, for example dodging and burning certain area's, Or you can make a new layer fill it with black go to Filter > Render > Lens flare and pick one of the 4 flares they give you place it around where you want the light source and set it on screen/ linear dodge, or you can even just use fractals as a light source like several people do, now those are just a few ways you can do lighting there are several more. Try using gradient maps and photo filters to blend everything nicely. Not feeling the text on this one either.

I like the flow of your smudging here but, the black and white side kind of ruins it a tad for me I think you should work on your gradient mapping on this one as well, I think a few more fractals placed around Oli for effect would suit this tag very nicely. Now the render looks like it was just pasted on top of the smudging you should work on your blending the render into the background. The lighting in this one is pretty off as well. I'm not really a smudge expert so my CnC for this one is a bit off hopefully someone who is great with smudging will add more to the CnC for this piece that I have already given.

The paint splatters look MUCH better in this one and I like how you used the colors from his shirt but I think it would be cool if the splatters were actually coming from the image on the shirt. And like I said before throw some splatter stocks behind the render set on a small amount of blur to add depth to the piece. Also A few small fractals would look nice in this piece as well. Again not feeling the soft brush lighting see the first tag for suggestions on lighting.

I like the simplicity of this piece but I think the car could use a bit of sharpening, No digging the mono toned nature of the tag I would like to see more colors like the red from the tail lights and such I would maybe have a trail of light coming from the tail lights to give it the motion like feeling. The tag is a bit over contrasted I think, and again the lighting isn't so great in this tag.

I dislike the C4D's you used in the background for this one, try blurring ore parts of the C4D in the background to add more depth to the tag, the lighting from behind should be much brighter if you ask me, I also feel the left side is a bit too dark, Try over lapping some of the C4D onto the render it's self to it blends more right now it looks like a render slapped on to a C4D background I would dick around with the lighting and blending in this one those are the biggest problems.

Again with the darkness and off lighting those seem to be your weak points I would recommend trying to work on those to things the most. Also again it just looks like a render pasted on to some C4D's trying adding some foreground effects to make the tag pop a bit more, use anything from Fractals to clip masking to c4d's but as I stated in about all these tags work on your lighting. Hope this helped you out a bit. + rep if this helped.

- Your friendly neighborhood backseat moderator

nice stuff fork , great advice m8 gave u rep bro

WOW just woke up big thx for the help fork +rep and i arely clicked yours sirenzo lol
    thx everyone :P