Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Default First DOC w/ Teletubby

My start

His finish

My Edit xD

editv2

it's whatever
    Last edited by Risk; 06-24-2011 at 02:52 PM.

tone down your final edit and this would be an extremely clean signature. nice work you two.

Default CnC

Well well i like the render placement and flow of the tag. Just need some tweeks to make it better from good. The things which need to be done is some small placements things like resizing the c4ds and adding them on back side of render and make sure to add them in the flow of the signature. To do that combine c4ds, erase them resize them and transform them. I told you to do this so that negative space in the tag can be removed. Now add some colors to the tag. I mean colors are there no doubt but make it vibrant. For that do selective color, vibrance and color balance.
    Now a tip to add a wow factor in the tag with the lighting. You see those circles. Add lighting to them i mean two colors lighting yellow and orange. First do a lighting of 2 colors and set it to linear dodge and than copy that layer and set it to color dodge and low the opacity to 30-40. I really want to see a second version of it with this changes.
    If you don't understand or need help of me in this tag feel free to contact me.

I prefer tubby's finish
    The dark look suits it better imo
    Has better overall lighting.
    Just it is a bit too strong and vibrant.
    However the idea for it is nice

Quote Originally Posted by Risk View Post
    I love the idea of a simple orb in the back, and the focal is nicely done. The 3rd edit also comes in handy because it shows the connector and distinguishes it from the background. Its a very solid concept and for this being the first DOC the outcome looks great.

Just two things I'd say to add is more Liquify in and on top of the orb so it can look more "alive" and make the orb more solid.

More Liquify would add single strands of DOCing and give it that grappling/alienated ink look. Like this it won't look as solid but having a solid DOC under it is always good, so editing the current one isn't needed if anything just an addition.

As for the orb I would suggest using a hard edged brush to define the lines and then CTRL+J that layer once, set it on overlay. Once you have the overlay layer CTRL+J it once more and then use gaussian blur to make it "glow".

Like this once the extra liquify is done (or added) it will look like as if the lighting from the orb is covering up the DOC lines and it'll give it a really nice lighting output.

Remember that no two DOCs look the same, so you guys did great.

Nicely done, KIU

Quote Originally Posted by Syn View Post
    I love the idea of a simple orb in the back, and the focal is nicely done. The 3rd edit also comes in handy because it shows the connector and distinguishes it from the background. Its a very solid concept and for this being the first DOC the outcome looks great.

Just two things I'd say to add is more Liquify in and on top of the orb so it can look more "alive" and make the orb more solid.

More Liquify would add single strands of DOCing and give it that grappling/alienated ink look. Like this it won't look as solid but having a solid DOC under it is always good, so editing the current one isn't needed if anything just an addition.

As for the orb I would suggest using a hard edged brush to define the lines and then CTRL+J that layer once, set it on overlay. Once you have the overlay layer CTRL+J it once more and then use gaussian blur to make it "glow".

Like this once the extra liquify is done (or added) it will look like as if the lighting from the orb is covering up the DOC lines and it'll give it a really nice lighting output.

Remember that no two DOCs look the same, so you guys did great.

Nicely done, KIU
    Thanks Syn, your work is inspiring ^^

v2 added, couldn't do much because of several layer problems
    Last edited by Risk; 06-24-2011 at 03:25 PM.