» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Thread: New again lol

Default New again lol

updated AGAIN after feedback...

Last edited by G..; 06-30-2011 at 10:16 PM.

This is actually a very good start. But you definetly gotta work a little more on it. First, I'll tell you what it lacks. Depth, light and blending.

Your composition and your background are good. There's no problem with that. It just needs a little fixing up. Like plastic surgery you know. A little fixing up and it'll be smokin hawt. I'll tell you what you need to change. First, add some depth by blurring, sharpening, dodging and burning. First I would burn the sides, dodge the guy and blur the c4d in front of the guy and probably slightly sharpen him. Next you should make a stronger lighting. A little white soft brush is not enough for a light source. You gotta work more on the lighting because it's an important element of the tag. A good lightning can make a sig look twice as good as it would be without it. Also your soft-brush-light-source is off. I think it should be more to the left as you can see on the guy's face. When making light you always gotta adjust to the render. Look at the render and spot the light on it. Then make a light source depending on that. Another thing you should probably do is add some adjustment layers. Like gradient maps, photo filters, curves and a little contrast. Add a few maps to add some more tones to make it pop and more interesting. Plus, this will also help blending the guy into the bg. So it's like he's actually there.

Sorry if I left something out, the cnc dudes will add whatever they want.

Hope you get my points and I hope I could help you improve even if just a little bit.
    gjkiu

PLAGUES

GIFTS: Timentia Gaaf wrftw

formerly known as Yakuto

Quote Originally Posted by Highfly View Post
    This is actually a very good start. But you definetly gotta work a little more on it. First, I'll tell you what it lacks. Depth, light and blending.

Your composition and your background are good. There's no problem with that. It just needs a little fixing up. Like plastic surgery you know. A little fixing up and it'll be smokin hawt. I'll tell you what you need to change. First, add some depth by blurring, sharpening, dodging and burning. First I would burn the sides, dodge the guy and blur the c4d in front of the guy and probably slightly sharpen him. Next you should make a stronger lighting. A little white soft brush is not enough for a light source. You gotta work more on the lighting because it's an important element of the tag. A good lightning can make a sig look twice as good as it would be without it. Also your soft-brush-light-source is off. I think it should be more to the left as you can see on the guy's face. When making light you always gotta adjust to the render. Look at the render and spot the light on it. Then make a light source depending on that. Another thing you should probably do is add some adjustment layers. Like gradient maps, photo filters, curves and a little contrast. Add a few maps to add some more tones to make it pop and more interesting. Plus, this will also help blending the guy into the bg. So it's like he's actually there.

Sorry if I left something out, the cnc dudes will add whatever they want.

Hope you get my points and I hope I could help you improve even if just a little bit.
    gjkiu
    wow man thanks thats some epic feedback! thanks!
    Last edited by G..; 06-30-2011 at 10:17 PM.

ok dude this has a lot of potential bro
    Just the atmosphere, you can look at it and you can tell
    First thing though is the lighting!
    Try not to use a white soft brush for lighting
    Pretty unrealistic and just looks too fake imo
    Just use your key lighting tools; burn,dodge and the lighting effects filter.
    TBH the render seems a bit too sharp as well. This looks like a very smooth tag and think that the sharpness doesn't suit so well.
    Blending is great with the c4ds and lighting. Very nice
    But I would definitely try to better the colours
    Throw in a nice photofilter to get the colours of the render and bg to match a tad bit better and then you can throw in your other adjustment layers like gradient maps and a curves layer.
    I really do like this though mate but if you follow those points it will be much better!

kk thanks man ill work on it some more

updated again but still dont think the lighting is right :/

yeah he needs some sort of bold lighting because the lighting on his face is so apparent... try using some sort of effect like a glowing orb coming out of the darkness behind him or something I like this idea tho... nice work!

Thanks RememberMe <3 WOOT

awesome gift from G.. Thx so much

I think the position of the lighting is good this time but try to make it stronger. And the right side is too dark now. You also need to add a few gradient maps for more colors.

But I really like this sig it just needs a little work!

PLAGUES

GIFTS: Timentia Gaaf wrftw

formerly known as Yakuto