» Site Navigation

> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Thumbs up

Uhh, hi XD I hope I'm posting on the right board...

Well, for my birthday, my mom got me Photoshop Elements/Premire Elements (looks like 3.0?) I've been getting along pretty well with random tutorials that I've found everywhere, and I just recently found a raindrop tutorial that I decided to try out. Now, in this tutorial and a few others, it talks about advanced blending. You're supposed to double-click on the layer and up pops this magnificent blending box where you can goof around with the settings to make it all pretty, etc.
    Well, here's my problem: all that happens is that a box that says 'Layer Properties' pops up and lets me edit the name. 0.o?
    I can edit the opacity and blending mode for my layers, but that's the non-advanced stuff-for the tutorials I'm trying I need to mess with the fill opacity and stuff... I've looked for a solution and obviously haven't found one yet :P I tried going to Layer>Layer Style, but the only thing that is clickable is Hide all effects; the rest are grayed out, and there isn't anything to do with blending up there... So, does anybody have a clue what I'm talking about? Any help would be much MUCH appreciated XD Thanks in advance (I hope&#33

Ah I know what your talking about. Most tutorials are designed for Photoshop 5.5+, as theres many new features that your version may not have. I'm unfamiliar with elements - but - I suggest you upgrade your version to a newer version of Photoshop - atleast 5.5-7.0.

Okay, thank you ^_^

elements is not the same as photoshop...(although there might be a different way of getting to it) as taco said shoot for 5.5 atleast if your lucky 6.0 is not bad also...

I believe what you're looking for is under EDIT>Blend Effect... i believe, yet again i still haven't installed photoshop after my reformat so i can't say deffinetvly. Also, as stated already, elements is not the same as photoshop. It's a stripped down version, so you may not even have the ability to do it.
    Resident father figure.