Friendly word of advice, Give up.
    Visit My Deviant Art

Tutorials
    [Stalker][Spidey][Clipping Masks]

Quote Originally Posted by Syn
    [29-07, 08:20] You're a bit weird, aren't you Lewk? Lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Apathy
    [17-10, 19:37] 720p you can see the razor burn on the crotch

If you're still trying to go for the dubstep genre, you need to work on your kicks and snares. You still need to work on your actual musical compositions as well; I don't hear any transition or melodies. Do this: listen to a popular dubstep song carefully for how the punchy the drums sound. Then, take a kick sample and set it to it's own mixer. Manipulate the sample so that you get a short abrupt sound that makes your subs go off. Add an equalizer and lower your mid frequencies. Add a compressor and set the threshold to approx -30 dB, set the ratio to 10:1, set the attack to 0 ms and the release to around 100 ms - add enough gain so that you can hear the drums at the right volume. Start with those settings but tweak them until you get the right kick. Once you've done drum kicks, add a bit of reverb to the snares so that you hear a tiny bit of resonance. Do the same for the snares with the compressor. Work on drums until you know you've got a good enough sound.

As for your composition, you need to add other lead instruments in there. You have a lot of mush in the bass clef, but not enough going on in the treble clef. Try adding in a piano synth to make it interesting. You need to keep your audience's attention - a cool sounding bass can only do that for a few seconds. You need to add in new sounds and transitions to keep them interested and thinking. Don't give up - I know you're still young and still experimenting. You just need to put your head in the right direction. Don't worry about what you think people want to hear - just think about a tune that you think is really catchy and try to emulate it. Good music isn't just what the mainstream culture likes - it's about expression of self in such a way that no one else has expressed in a piece before. I know you're trying to be a good producer but you can't keep your audience's attention without being a good musician as well.
    Last edited by Moshiur; 08-18-2011 at 09:44 AM.

Sounds to fake. Terrible bass line.

Necro take your time man, listen to some Dubstep tracks and then try to come up with a good beat. You only show us one track but I am willing to bet that you make something around 5-7 tracks and pick the one that sounds best to post.

A serious word of advise; If you are doing this as a hobby then feel free to explore and mess about, but if you want to make something out of Dubstep either start with the basics or just quit because you will not become the next Skrillex in a week, it takes years.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewk View Post
    Friendly word of advice, Give up.
    I could never do that,but i would if i've been using Fl Studio as long as i've i been using photoshop,
    and so far not even close.And it's not like i'm 20.Then i would give up.

Quote Originally Posted by Moshiur View Post
    If you're still trying to go for the dubstep genre, you need to work on your kicks and snares. You still need to work on your actual musical compositions as well; I don't hear any transition or melodies. Do this: listen to a popular dubstep song carefully for how the punchy the drums sound. Then, take a kick sample and set it to it's own mixer. Manipulate the sample so that you get a short abrupt sound that makes your subs go off. Add an equalizer and lower your mid frequencies. Add a compressor and set the threshold to approx -30 dB, set the ratio to 10:1, set the attack to 0 ms and the release to around 100 ms - add enough gain so that you can hear the drums at the right volume. Start with those settings but tweak them until you get the right kick. Once you've done drum kicks, add a bit of reverb to the snares so that you hear a tiny bit of resonance. Do the same for the snares with the compressor. Work on drums until you know you've got a good enough sound.

As for your composition, you need to add other lead instruments in there. You have a lot of mush in the bass clef, but not enough going on in the treble clef. Try adding in a piano synth to make it interesting. You need to keep your audience's attention - a cool sounding bass can only do that for a few seconds. You need to add in new sounds and transitions to keep them interested and thinking. Don't give up - I know you're still young and still experimenting. You just need to put your head in the right direction. Don't worry about what you think people want to hear - just think about a tune that you think is really catchy and try to emulate it. Good music isn't just what the mainstream culture likes - it's about expression of self in such a way that no one else has expressed in a piece before. I know you're trying to be a good producer but you can't keep your audience's attention without being a good musician as well.
    Thanks again mah friend
    Quote Originally Posted by Fork View Post
    Sounds to fake. Terrible bass line.
    True,I seemed to noticed that when I listened to it on Fl Studio (Which it sounded good here)
    Then i listened to it on Youtube,Then soundcloud and then my iPod.And they all sounded completely different.I'll try tweaking it a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Syn View Post
    Necro take your time man, listen to some Dubstep tracks and then try to come up with a good beat. You only show us one track but I am willing to bet that you make something around 5-7 tracks and pick the one that sounds best to post.

A serious word of advise; If you are doing this as a hobby then feel free to explore and mess about, but if you want to make something out of Dubstep either start with the basics or just quit because you will not become the next Skrillex in a week, it takes years.
    Thanks bruh.

Quote Originally Posted by Moshiur View Post

A tried this out and it helped so much