» Site Navigation

> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Default Stock Images! EVERYONE READ!

Lately, we have had a few reports of artwork that has ripped someones original piece off of Deviant Art. This has to stop, but I want to explain a few things so people learn how to avoid it, incase they don't know as it is.

I know, for the vast majority of you, this is just a hobby, and will not go anywhere, but a few of you may decide to persue a career in the arts, so either, keep the following in mind for while you are here, or keep it in mind, and take it with you. When someone creates a work of art, and post it up on deviantART, a graphic forum, or their own website to showcase, it is still their art, unless they note about it being sold, and property of a 3rd party. It is NOT okay to take one of those, and use as a stock for your tag. IF you would like too, you must first ask for permission, and if they give the okay, then use it, and follow whatever they tell you to do, IE, note them with a link to the completed tag.

Now, here is where the biggest problem comes from, resource forums. There are a lot of forums out there that are not strict about what goes into resource packs on their website, so it can be difficult to know if it is made by the person who released the pack, from a free to use work etc. I strongly recommend people to stay away from just downloading anything they think looks cool, unless they know for sure that it is free to use. If you are caught using artwork from deviant art, we will check with the artist, and if you are found to be using it without permission, you will be banned as a ripper.

I am going to lock this as to not have any debate within this thread, if you think I should change something, or add something too this, PM me about it, and other mods are welcome to add input themselves. I also had written a thread about resource packs for releasing on this site located here. Please give that a read as well.

Commissions and stickers available via linktree here.

Here is a direct link to the resource section in DA, although everything in here has been given permission to use, some ppl still have rules on the use of their stocks, such as can only be used if you are a DA member or only on DA and no place else.

Please read the Da accounts rules before using and if you find a rule you wish to change, such as using on other forums besides just on DA, send a pm to the artist and request the change in the rule. Usually the artist won't have a problem as long as you give credit to them via link to their page or something, so don't be afraid to ask.

Radi's one of a kind gift <3

^My Wish List^