> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Thread: Girl Sig

Default Girl Sig

Please CnC and rate out of 10 please. I'm not the best but I'm trying to get better. Harsh CnC is appreciated.

"The scariest moment is always before it starts."

Okay, well here is what the tag lacks...Depth, lighting, flow, composition, blending.

The tag is pretty flat there is no real depth or lighting to give it any depth the composition is off and the colors are also a bad choice, the render doesn't blend well into the background or the effects, effects are boring and repetitive the text also ruins the piece for me a bit. Might I suggest reading a few of the tutorials around here they're all very nice and easy to follow along. as for the rating I give it a 2.5/10.

Quote Originally Posted by Fork View Post
    Okay, well here is what the tag lacks...Depth, lighting, flow, composition, blending.

The tag is pretty flat there is no real depth or lighting to give it any depth the composition is off and the colors are also a bad choice, the render doesn't blend well into the background or the effects, effects are boring and repetitive the text also ruins the piece for me a bit. Might I suggest reading a few of the tutorials around here they're all very nice and easy to follow along. as for the rating I give it a 2.5/10.
    Finally people that give real CnC! I come from modding and botting websites and this is a nice change.
    Also thanks for the help

No problem, I'd go into more in depth CnC but I'm browsing the forum on my iPhone at the moment so it makes it a little difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Skate Duck View Post
    Finally people that give real CnC! I come from modding and botting websites and this is a nice change.
    Also thanks for the help
    This is why I like, said to join GFX sites or read tutorials when I commented on most peoples tags >_>

But nope, flame me instead.

Anyways since Fork can't really give full CnC, I will :s.

As said before, this tag is really flat. You don't have really anything in front or behind the render that is noticeably able to be taken into consideration for depth. The splatters you used over your C4D really don't help since splatters give no forum of depth and it ruined the small amount of depth you could have had from those C4D. I'm seeing quality issues within the tag, probably just an issue from resizing, should just watch that when you are resizing and take it into consideration. Happens around edges of resources all the time when resized. Your blending is screwed up for two reasons. The major reason is that you placed random white behind the render, when the render is dark and ... well, not white. There is too much contrast and difference in colors in that part so she looks pasted. Looks fine near the bottom, nothing great, nothing bad. Other reason is that your background is too bright and different in colors. You should blend it in more by probably fixing the background. There are a LOT of ways to do this, just don't make your colors and stuff monotone like some people do. Darkening the background or brightening the render would help. Your text is too thin and just doesn't look good. The placement seems off and stuff. I honestly would not add text in, unless you are able to make it compliment the tag, which it usually doesn't. So I wouldn't worry about text. Your effects need some work here too. Seems like a lot of random brushes with a few c4d's under the render. A few of your C4D also seem randomly clip masked, like at the top. Looks like they were put there by mistake even if they weren't, so I would remove them. Also looks randomly erased because of the brush over it on the right. Even if it was intentional, it makes the tag look tacky and like a WIP. Your effects look a bit blurred near the bottom, if they aren't a nice sharpen with lowered opacity would be good. Makes no sense to have it blurred since there is like, no depth. I don't like blurring for depth anyways tbh.

Okay well I'm going to stop because I've been writing this for 20 minutes because I keep getting distracted by people, and I lose my train of thought. So yeah

Bottom line, I suggest reading tutorials and learning from PSD.
    (I don't recommend any tutorials on GT except those by EC, Morphine, and the ones I posted)
    Last edited by Manga; 09-14-2011 at 08:58 PM.
    Need a team? Second 2 None is recruiting!

Quote Originally Posted by Morbidsheep
    Its probably because you c4d spam like everyone else. Where's the originality in that. You gotta try other stuff if you wanna go higher.

Aww man fork got to it before I did but yeah pretty much what he said.

My Three Rules Of Making a Sig Flow, Lighting and Depth

@Manga
    GT=nonono
    I will go on there to check for the tuts though, thanks for the feedback everyone

Good stuff man, but center focals are never a good thing.

kiu