» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Thread: 'Beauty"

Default 'Beauty"

Wow. I can't believe i made this.
    Last edited by Environment; 11-15-2011 at 08:31 PM.

The render is bery cute and I actually totally love the text/placement ( might find some better spots but so far so good )

I would like ot point out some flaws that I feel are distracting,

You have two focals here, some like and you will find others who will hate, I happen to be one of those ppl who doesn't mind double focals, but I feel it's too large of a cut off and could do with making smaller. Also your second focal is clean of any adjustments unlike your original piece, so it kinda makes it look like you finished the tag, then decided to add a little to the left and just pasted the original render onto the end. So maybe go and take a pic instead of your final V and paste

Secondly, you have a light source showing up on the top of her right side of her head, but this is not where the focals shadows are showing the light, looks like she has two actually, one from the top left and one from bottom right, where your light is should have been left in shadow, see what I mean ?

Thirdly, you are moving in the right direction of a colour set up, but I don;t think you are all the way there, often you should try to pick up 2 or 3 colours from your fcal and play around in that spectrum, here you have purple, blue,yellow yet there is very little blue, and no yellow besides the light you gave. I would suggest gradient maps and photo filters to better help your tag find a more true set up, as well as to change the colour of your blue and I would say to a more pink or purple which is already many pinks an purples to pick from

Hope I gave you some tips/ideas to better help your piece along ^^

Radi's one of a kind gift <3

^My Wish List^

Thanks for all of those tips, I really needed some criticism and this is going to help me out a bunch. The reason i added the second focal on the left is because it was blank over there, and i had no idea of what to add.

Oh, well that also reminds me and was going to mention it when talking about the double focal, your original focal is too far to the right.

there is kinda special places you can place your render and get more positive feedback and/or not have too much dead space.
    Funny cause I just explained this to someone else last night

The golden ratio or rule of thirds is a trick the mind plays, now I like to believe that there are no real rules when it comes to art, but there are some tricks you can use that would better help the mind to focus more and give you more positive feedback.

The black lines represent key points on your canvas, you should try as often as possible to impose the important elements of your art piece either running across these lines or at the joints. In this case I tried to best place my focal on as many corners and running lines as I could to better entertain the eye.

Hope this helps you out some with placement

Radi's one of a kind gift <3

^My Wish List^

yep lose the the bar on the left and u have a decent enough tag imo but agree with slave on the rest couldn't of said it any better nice cnc slave .

Cool, I think you should crop off the other focal on the left side, and try to blend the lighting in more instead of yellow maybe blue or pink/purple. KIU

Blew the whole shit up on some, "What this button do?"