» Site Navigation

> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Your Freedom could be at Risk...

Everyone on this site needs to see this video. This is a very real threat and if it passes, the void it self could shut down. This is because the images that we use for signatures can be classified as copyright and the intellectual property of another company or business.

What does this mean?
    Well if the bill is passed then there is a chance that this site could potentially be blocked, but not only this site... Planet Renders, DeviantART, photobucket, YouTube. The list goes on.

I don't think its going to pass. There is massive resistance from companies and there is several petitions and fund raisers out. Opponents of the bill include Google, Yahoo!, Facebook, Twitter, AOL, LinkedIn, eBay, Mozilla Corporation, the Brookings Institution, the Wikimedia Foundation, and human rights organizations such as Reporters Without Borders, the Electronic Frontier Foundation, the ACLU, and Human Rights Watch.

meh, not too worried, if it passes it would be pretty bad, but new bills would pass to counter this one, and eventually people will pull their heads out of their asses and realize, sites that would be blocked can't be stopped alltogether the hackers and site builders will adapt and find a way around it, only good thing that would come out of this is that Fork would be gone from our lives permanently

yeah this thing kinda would blow..... but again its for US...... im in Canada so it shuld be okay.
    Proud Owner of:
    RichFlyers

^ LOVE YOU RAD ^

Quote Originally Posted by cC.DOMINO™ View Post
    meh, not too worried, if it passes it would be pretty bad, but new bills would pass to counter this one, and eventually people will pull their heads out of their asses and realize, sites that would be blocked can't be stopped alltogether the hackers and site builders will adapt and find a way around it, only good thing that would come out of this is that Fork would be gone from our lives permanently
    shocked that you didn't mention my name in this

I forgot about you bogui, now I want that bill to pass.

its been all over my facebook for a while now, hopefully it doesn't pass. hell if it does im sure we'll find ways around it.

^Thank you for the amazing gift edwinpabito!^
    SOTW

Quote Originally Posted by +ta.KroniiK View Post
    yeah this thing kinda would blow..... but again its for US...... im in Canada so it shuld be okay.
    The problem is that everything you do is, 9 times out of 10, based on US servers. Because of that the websites themselves fall under US law. We've already seen what the US can do with the whole Wikileaks situation and that was based in a country that technically had nothing to do with US law.

The problem is that if it does pass there is gonna be a time frame for the government to realise how much they screwed up and by the time they change it, the damage will already be done.

Here's some more info if you wanna read up on the details: Bill: S.978

There's also an article here as well: Trolling The Stream by Ultradavid/

They should just stop with trying to protect internet stuff so bad
    If there's one thing i have learned from being at hacking forums (yes i've been there) it is that the hackers always win. if it's gaming or sites, the hackers always find ways to pass the new shit.

also, it's really dumb, that people who can't even use the internet properly, are discussing about internet laws
    I don't think the law will pass. Companies as facebook, google, wikimedia, twitter will be destroyed. it would be a massive hit for the american economics, and it's not really a good time for that...
    First SOTW win (301)

Gift from my secret backup santa Oath ^ <3

Gifts <-- clickie

2012 is coming..