Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Thread: bad one.

Default bad one.

Please follow my tumblr : Pierce the Mice in Prada

your current is a million times better.
    i really don't think i can comment on this without sounding like a massive dick.

The background is just a repeat of the render.
    Then the render.
    Then black splats.
    Then random cuts out of the render to the right with a drop shadow that ruins any chance of depth
    Then the purple-orange gradient map set on screen?

My tip is, don't do any of those again, and try carrying on from your current sig but don't overuse the liquify.

i know, i've been with no motivation and inspiration for like a week, i almost don't know how to make good tags :/ , i like to do lyric signs and motivational poster the most.

Quote Originally Posted by JoShO View Post
    your current is a million times better.
    i really don't think i can comment on this without sounding like a massive dick.

The background is just a repeat of the render.
    Then the render.
    Then black splats.
    Then random cuts out of the render to the right with a drop shadow that ruins any chance of depth
    Then the purple-orange gradient map set on screen?

My tip is, don't do any of those again, and try carrying on from your current sig but don't overuse the liquify.
    I'm gonna be straight up, I think you're wrong on two counts. One, that drop shadow ruins any chance of depth. Seriously, I lolled for rl.

Secondly, "don't do any of those again." That, I'd disagree with as well, because if applied well, any of the effects used here could be visually appealing, they're just not working well together here because nothing is unified, or composed overly well. It's not that your effects are bad, it's just that they're poorly executed. You could still make something of this tag, if you removed the stock dupes on either side. I'd try taking it in a different direction altogether, personally. Maybe a splash of color, and some other effects.

SOMETIMES I LIKE TO CREATE THINGS

Quote Originally Posted by Vicious Zen View Post
    I'm gonna be straight up, I think you're wrong on two counts. One, that drop shadow ruins any chance of depth. Seriously, I lolled for rl.

Secondly, "don't do any of those again." That, I'd disagree with as well, because if applied well, any of the effects used here could be visually appealing, they're just not working well together here because nothing is unified, or composed overly well. It's not that your effects are bad, it's just that they're poorly executed. You could still make something of this tag, if you removed the stock dupes on either side. I'd try taking it in a different direction altogether, personally. Maybe a splash of color, and some other effects.
    Well obviously if he applies it well then it'll look good, but he didn't, so for the time being, doing the things he is doing now won't really let him improve.

So what you're saying is, if something doesn't work out first try, to give up on it because you're not gonna get better at it? You'll also never get better at using those techniques if you know, you're not using them.

SOMETIMES I LIKE TO CREATE THINGS

thanks everyone for the comments, as i said, i was with no inspiration or motivation.

I would have to agree!