> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

we are fcked.

Theres no point, a little name website will have no effect. If you haven't look at the government lately, they really don't care about what we have to say.

Doesn't mean you can't send an E-mail off to your local senator complaining about it. The more that we complain to them, the better.

umm my sig <3

isn't SOPA for american thing ??? or I don't understand it right lol....we in Canada no ???....if we can get a Canadian hosting...it should all be fine.
    Proud Owner of:
    RichFlyers

^ LOVE YOU RAD ^

Tbh I doubt any amount of blacking out will help the cause.
    SOPA won't go through anyway seeing as just about everyone who isn't a multibillion dollar smug as f*** company (looking at you EA) is against it.

Can you imagine if things like Youtube/Facebook etc.. were banned - people would take to the streets! D=
    Besides the bill only allows them to do things like that, it doesn't necessarily mean they will, ie, they currently have the power to easily remove websites hosting pirate films yet they barely ever use it. Minus TvShack ofcourse - and thats only because some tit keeps putting it up again every time it goes down.

Every other 'stop-piracy' act has came up on bad territory, its about time the fricken government learnt that trying to 'tame' the internet is shockingly laughable xD

*p.s. this post is best read in the voice of the professor from Futurama

One of the sexiest tags I've ever seen, from Radillac <3

^you got it wrong. youtube facebook etc wont be banned. but they will have to make sure the stuff you upload to their sites is your own material(checking each before allowing if necessary). However sopa will kill any filehost you can think of therefore no more piracy. And since its America, they'll pretty much force other countries with this rule also.

American by birth, southern by the grace of God.

To answer SOPA is an American bill, but A SHIT LOAD of sites and web based hosting is based in America. There would be no more Justin.tv or twitch.tv. You could really no longer live stream anything on the internet or post video's about anything. I don't think America will force it upon another country, but it will just have a big enough ripple effect that it will feel like it was forced onto other countries. The way I look at it is you can't stop the black market and that is pretty much what SOPA is trying to do. It fucks over people that actually use the internet for legit reasons and does nothing to the people that use it for piracy. The only thing I worry aboot is the fact that this is really a bill for major corporation; which, fucking sponsor our representatives. Money goes a long way. The sad truth is to that half the people voting for this bill probably hardly know how to use a fucking computer so many of the representatives are like 70 years old... The best thing for people that are in America to do is talk to your representative and sign petitions, and for people out of the country their are online petitions you can sign.

Quote Originally Posted by wrftw View Post
    ^you got it wrong. youtube facebook etc wont be banned. but they will have to make sure the stuff you upload to their sites is your own material(checking each before allowing if necessary). However sopa will kill any filehost you can think of therefore no more piracy. And since its America, they'll pretty much force other countries with this rule also.
    If the bill passes then theres every opportunity for them to ban sites like that. The bill basically gives all the rights to media companies (and lets face it, things like VEVO already screw over Youtubers) and they are able to block an entire domain based on one simple action. For example if someone posted a link on Facebook to a pirate film it gives them every right to block the whole of Facebook.
    Pretty insane really, and as the guy said above, annoyingly the government is filled to bursting point with older people who have very little concept of the modern world tech.

One of the sexiest tags I've ever seen, from Radillac <3

Were all fucked.