» Site Navigation

> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Smile My first Abstract Smudging Tag

Don't be too harsh on CnC . Hope you guide me how to improve in the tag.

You can't really call this an abstract when your displaying two focal points and one of them being a render. When you think of an abstract painting do you think of the mona lisa or a variation of colors? Despite the render just chilling there to the right of a whole bunch of emptiness the image is too big, It's ok to start an image on a larger canvas to get more detail out of it but remember to scale it down to a more conventional signature dimension. Don't feel obligated to place text onto an image to make it feel finished or complete a lot of times text isn't really needed and is a really hard thing to place and make it look good. And if your going to smudge bright colors like purple and orange try for a darker bg color so the smudge really pops instead of meshing in with the background. The border is too thick, a 1px border is usually enough to set the sights. I think your getting the concept of what your trying to do, all you need to do now is practice, keep it up and you'll get better at it
    Awesomely Epic Gifty from ChanceB ---V

Epic gift from Oath xD
    Gift from Agitator Gift from SirenzoGift From AgitatorGift From Stryd3r 9Y0

Thanks for the CnC. I will keep it in my mind and again thanks for clearing a basic concept about abstract

Needs a bit more if Im honest, and as JDragon said above, there are two focal points which make it a little awkward.
    The smudging doesn't really blend the render in well, this is probably because its quite a large canvas to work with, you know, this could probably work well as just a basic piece, ie, take out the text and the render, swap that black stroke for a white one and bam!

One of the sexiest tags I've ever seen, from Radillac <3

Are you talking about this ??

Yeah basically, I think it works a bit better as more of a background and the smudging itself isn't actually that bad.

Thanks for the opinion and yeah i would keep it in my mind.

try adding in some more effects with your smudging but stay in flow so u can call it an abstract right now it looks unfinished if u need help u can pm me or cs4pro :P he is pretty wicked with abstract like tags with a focal :P

Quote Originally Posted by sirenzo View Post
    try adding in some more effects with your smudging but stay in flow so u can call it an abstract right now it looks unfinished if u need help u can pm me or cs4pro :P he is pretty wicked with abstract like tags with a focal :P
    Can you give me best tutorial on this tag so that i can improve myself

Start by using a smaller canvas, something like 350x150 or 400x200, then just work around the render.
    Tbh the only key secret to making a sig that I can think of is to just pile on a load of stuff in whatever way you choose (smudging, c4ds, fractals, etc..) then spend the rest finishing it (colours, blur/sharpen). (I should probably add a disclaimer here xD Not all sigs need loads of effects obviously, simple ones are great)

For someone starting out I think the smudging in that is pretty darn good. Good luck to you man.
    Last edited by Distello; 01-27-2012 at 09:05 AM.