> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Default Megaman Buster Blast

Hi, I'm still new so be gentle ._.

I created this after I discovered a brush in GIMP called sparks... I used it and thought instantly of megaman lol. So, I used it to create the charging buster shot and added some other things to it as well.

Any advice or encouragement or feedback? Keep in mind I've only been doing this for a week :/

I have only been doing this for around five or six weeks now and I am still making mistakes so don't worry.

I like the concept here. The idea is concise and you aren't trying anything too crazy yet which is good. You don't want to fly out the gate trying something with too many effects or tackling too many principles in one go(I have found this out the hard way over the literal years I have stopped and started trying to make signatures, only recently I have taken it slow and it is starting to pay off even with the occasional amount of mistakes).

I sort of like the area you have placed Mega Man but always remember try not to place your render with it's edge touching the edges of your canvas like this. It creates something in the art world known as a visual tangent which is something you want to avoid due to the way it hurts the aesthetics of the render and the piece itself. I like the brush but the way you have swiped it over everything isn't helping Mega Man but hindering him. You are calling attention to the thick outlines of the render and therefore negating the idea of a signature. You never want your signature looking like it is made out of layers. You want it looking seamless as it flows altogether. That in itself is a point here. You are lacking depth, lighting, and flow. Those are principles you will learn if you keep making signatures, as you say you are new so it is excusable but, they are still lacking. The text placement although not entirely terrible is just floating aimlessly on it's own as the signature on the whole simply doesn't have enough going on. There is also a clearly missing background, just a blue color with some more brushes over it. All in all it isn't the worst starting signature I have ever seen and it is actually far better than my early attempts years ago where I thought all signature making was was taking an existing image and simply putting Photoshop filters over it. *face palm*

My advice here is to continue to experiment and above all else jump into signature tutorials be they on this site, this site, or even this site. I mean, do them over and over again with different stocks and try to feel out your process. Learn the tool sets of your particular program to try and get worth while results. Never stop even if you make utter crap sometimes. Just start a new piece, get a couple together you like and post them up, get feed back, and repeat. I have been doing that for weeks now and I am finding success in this process not to mention all the practice makes you better at making signatures and faster too. You also start seeing patterns in the way most signatures are created especially when you finally start getting a grip on the basics. I am almost at that point myself and it is scary. I'll have to start actually making my own signatures from scratch in a couple more weeks time of practicing.

Thanks be to JDragon for the sweet gift.

talk about cnc ^.. read some tuts man, keep workin at it

^Thank you for the amazing gift edwinpabito!^
    SOTW