> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Default Clare - Claymore

Im a bit rusty xD but somehow made it . . c&c welcome

like the middle image with the glowing eyes there really not much of a background though. <,<

Unfinished IMO.. work on it more

^Thank you for the amazing gift edwinpabito!^
    SOTW

i dont know what am i supposed to doing on this anymore so give me some ideas :S . .

There is some nice render work going on here. The middle one is going about it in the best way. Nothing is dark so there is no muted colors and the effects coming from the sword and eyes are working well. I also like the muted red splatters everywhere representing blood on her armor.

The main problem is that is there you stopped. You just started making the signature look interesting. You have a nice background base but there is nothing there to guide the eye to your render and the effects placed upon it.

You are asking for suggestions and seeing how I am literally about to fall asleep I shall keep this brief and to the point. You are lacking flow, depth, and lighting in your background with this signature. At the present time the only thing in your scene is a render with a couple effects applied to it and a little bit of lighting.

You can accomplish depth and flow through the usage of long form C4Ds, certain kinds of Effect C4Ds or even the right kind of fractal or wire frames if you can muster it. Lighting from there is more or less what you want to satisfy the render and the background you have constructed.

You can also use the method of surrounding the render with larger versions of itself and messing with enough blending options/Filter work you can create an enclosed atmosphere that you could through enough lighting and sharpening and blurring work create a foreground, mid-ground, and background to make the render pop and have a well lit background that makes the eye wander but always come back to the focal area thereby establishing flow.

There is also the smudging type of signature from there given your background is already a smudge base though correct me if I am wrong. That is a little more work intensive and I myself have never got it to work but I have seen others do it flawlessly in these parts. It wouldn't be a bad idea to look around the tutorial section and or ask folks around here for some pointers if this is the avenue you wish to try.

There is also the multiple clipping mask route where your background and mid-ground are made up of blurred and sharpened sections of splatter brush marks with applied images within them to create a unique look that can be differentiated into a background, mid-ground and foreground.

These are all off the top of my head though. I say experiment with some of these ideas and I'm sure one of them will work for your current signature.

Thanks be to JDragon for the sweet gift.