> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Thread: DA ACCT

when ever i try to start one i get this

"We are sorry, but you are attempting to create an account from a network or Internet Service Provider (ISP) that is shared by an abusive individual. This individual's repeated actions have forced us to ban your shared ISP, causing you this inconvenience.

This type of ban is reserved for only the most extreme cases of abuse and prevents anyone using your particular ISP from creating a new deviantART account.

This may be either a temporary or permanent measure depending on the nature of the abuse. Due to the manner in which your service provider handles its users we are unable to narrow the ban any further and cannot specifically exclude you.

This does not imply that you have personally caused this action, but rather it may be the actions of someone unknown to you who simply shares your ISP.

Please be patient, or, if the option is available, use a different ISP, until we feel that this ban may be lifted or otherwise modified.

Your ISP details:
    Your hostname is xxx.xxx.xxx.xx.cfl.rr.com, and your IP is xx.xxx.xxx.xxx (Changed the IPs to x's)

any1 know what happend and why they banned. I WANT ON

They banned your ip from deviantart it sounds.
    Maybe contact them and ask them for the details of the infraction?

That's what I'd do.

The first paragraph pretty much sums it up.

Someone that uses the same ISP (aka Comcast, AOL, Cox Cable, etc... you get the idea) did some no-no's and was considered bad enough as to be banned.

Unfortunately for you, you are using the same ISP he/she (the 'attacker&#39 used.

Okay, this happened to me earlier, and I asked the help desk people, and this is the reply I got:

Basically, what you are seeing is an IP ban. This ban does not target you, but had to be issued temporarily because a certain user from your Internet Service Provider violates the policies quite badly and keeps harassing members, while creating new accounts to continue their harassment. So our only way to stop this user is by placing an IP range ban on the Internet Service this user is using. Since this prevents new users from joining deviantArt, IP range bans are rarely issued and usually stay only for so long, until we can be sure that this harassing member is staying away from deviantArt.

It's very common to share IP addresses among customers on many Internet Providers, thus it's not always possible to make a ban in a way it only affects the harassing member (since on the next dial in, they would get a different IP address - thus we are left with no choice than to ban your Internet Service Provider's IP range to protect our members). We regret that such steps are necessary and apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused, but sadly enough, sometimes this is simply the only choice we have left.

There are, in fact, three ways you can create an account, despite your Internet Provider being temporarily banned:

The first one is the most inconvenient: You wait for the ban to expire. IP range bans don't stay forever, and they will be removed at some point.

The second one is easier: You ask a friend who is already on deviantART to create an account for you and hand you the username and the password. Even though the IP range you are using has been banned, you will be able to log on to the account that has been created for you just fine. Also, you can also sign up from a different internet service, from school, work, or ask another friend who uses a different Internet Provider to let them access the internet for a few minutes and sign up. Once created, you can log on to the account just fine.

The third way is, when you sign up, you are asked if you want to subscribe. If you say yes, and subscribe to deviantART, the IP Ban check is bypassed, regardless of subscription length. The idea behind this is that people paying when signing up for new accounts are less likely to harass, since they wouldn't pay just for having the chance to harass (and in consequence getting their account removed again). Once created, you can use the account, even if the subscription expires.

I hope this information is helpful, and again, we apologize for the inconvenience. Hopefully one of the above outlined methods is feasible for you, and if you have any more questions please feel free to ask. Thank you.

So just go attack a friend or a library or something, and make an account there. Hope that kinda helped...

An ISP purchases A set number of IP addresses. These addresses are constant and the company owns them exclusively. Say your ISP buys 127.0.0.0 through 127.0.0.256 (it's a small ISP...very). When someone logs on to their internet service, one of the unused addresses from 127.0.0.0 - 127.0.0.256 will be assigned to that customer for a time period. This is what's known as a Dynamic IP. A Static IP gives you the same IP address during the time you are with your ISP... not many ISP's offer that anymore.

Someone that uses the same IP block as you was banned. So DA banned every IP address from the start to the end of that block. Anyone assigned an IP within that range is also banned. In this case, you.

There's nothing you can do about it really, you could try to use a proxy service...or if you're already using a proxy service, stop. That's about it.
    Resident father figure.

Thanks for your help guys.

Originally posted by unit_number_43@Jun 24 2005, 11:22 AM
    An ISP purchases A set number of IP addresses. These addresses are constant and the company owns them exclusively. Say your ISP buys 127.0.0.0 through 127.0.0.256 (it's a small ISP...very). When someone logs on to their internet service, one of the unused addresses from 127.0.0.0 - 127.0.0.256 will be assigned to that customer for a time period. This is what's known as a Dynamic IP. A Static IP gives you the same IP address during the time you are with your ISP... not many ISP's offer that anymore.

Someone that uses the same IP block as you was banned. So DA banned every IP address from the start to the end of that block. Anyone assigned an IP within that range is also banned. In this case, you.

There's nothing you can do about it really, you could try to use a proxy service...or if you're already using a proxy service, stop. That's about it.
    [snapback]68776[/snapback]
    Just a note.. it isn't 0-256, it's 0-255, where 0 and 255 aren't used in the same way (broadcast)
    http://peksa.se - photos by me.

I had my mom in MN creat an acct so i have 1 now, thx for your help peoples