» Site Navigation

> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Default First Sig in 3 years, CNC needed

Title is self explanitory I'd say. Haven't been in a forum setting in quite some time, and I haven't used photoshop for reasons other than Photography editing in even longer. So, here's what I came up with using some tuts I came across on this site;

cnc and I'll owe you some candy. kthnx.
    I like strawberry milk, kthnx.

there are like four focal points (reduce down to one or two), almost half of sig is negative space (fill with some bg, or move focals over to the left a little, sig is too monotoned (only color is teal, bring back some original colors), text is on a slant (lose text or reposition to level) , lose border. Nice job for first in a while but it is just needing a little more work to be great. keep trying tuts tho it helps you learn more.

Thanks for the tips! The monotone did concern me, I wasn't too sure how I felt about it. I thought It would be cool but now as I look back I think I shouldn't have added so many gradient maps and such. I may have to load up the PSD and see what I can salvage. As for the left hand side of the sig, I'm not sure what I could to to fill that up. I just used my photography mindset and thought it would be interesting to do something like that, but maybe I can find a KH related stock bg to throw in and blur. And as far as the text goes, I thought putting it on that slant would match the flow of the rest of the image, put i'll play around and see what I can do! Thanks again for the cnc!
    I like strawberry milk, kthnx.

no problem, It is not bad for starting back up, text used to create flow doesn't usually work out so well it just lowers the quality of your text. ya mess around with the bg to help add some more depth. KIU