> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Thread: Ugly.

Default Ugly.

My newest signature, i can say its not as good as the zoro one or the ones i showed on my intro thread that nobody looked at, but the text is placed good imo and its good itself.

more flow work was put on that too though its a bit hard to see et.
    CnC plz

I like the tag overall but the lighting is a bit messed up, the text is ok but it could have been better blended.
    Try using clipping maks, i usually do this, new layer above the text one > edit > apply image > create clipping mask (ctrl+alt+g) then move it around.

Quote Originally Posted by Lew View Post
    I like the tag overall but the lighting is a bit messed up, the text is ok but it could have been better blended.
    Try using clipping maks, i usually do this, new layer above the text one > edit > apply image > create clipping mask (ctrl+alt+g) then move it around.
    I did that with my main text. The small one is pure black though.

Never ever ever have the text be the top layer. Make it one layer above the render. The placement is also poor (if you want the text to be important in he sig, put it over the renders' body; if you want it to be a small compliment, lower the opacity of it and put it somewhere away from the render but not in the corners). And try to go with a simple font; I think a thin Helvetica font (if you have it) could work well here with one of these: | between the 'shock' and the 'wave'.

As for the tag itself, it's too bright in places and the render doesn't draw the eye. It looks kind of out of place, being a smooth anime render amidst a grunge-ish background.
    My favorite work of mine:

SOTW stats: Entries: 2 Wins: 0 Second place: 0 Top 3: 0 Top 5: 1

apart from the text. there are a lot of issues here. lol
    first of all your render is looking out of the tag. you should place this render on the right side.
    your text then would have gone over his body and would work fine.
    the orange effects are way to dominant and also they end abrupt and don't match with the purple bg.
    then there is a huge amount of light on his arm... making that the focal point...
    but the focal point should be his face of course!!
    the render itself is a bit dull..... no shadow or lightning... better choose a bit more "living" focal.
    last but not least, there is a very strange purple color over his right... rrrmmm I don't know what it is called in english lol.... that totally doesn't fit with the rest. I do like his purple eyes tho.. lol!!
    oh and one more thing... black borders please!! colored borders almost always weaken down a sig!!

XL
    Last edited by Xelo; 03-10-2012 at 04:35 PM.

thx for the text tips but its already above the render. ima put it one layer above it though, seem to blend more, thx.
    I'll work on drawing the fucal's attention too, the rag really distracts it...i'll also work on placing the render and control the effects. oh and i think you meant his neck? yeh its a mistake i forgot to delte.
    overall thank you guys for the c&c, i hope all of my future threads will be as lively.

Contrast and the colors are ugly, I hate how you didn't use a lot of tools, so next time, use tools please.

It is ugly, no offense just telling the truth.

huh o-o what do you mean alot of tools? what tools do you want me to use? i only use the ones i need, brush, pen, eraser, marquee, smudge, sharpen, blur, and prob a few more. also, a sig shouldnt be measured only by the amount of tools used on it. that my sir, was not constructive criticism.

Pandora; if you find a sig ugly then telling that is no problem, but not telling why it is ugly and not telling how to improve is downright ugly!!

XL