No Members online

» Site Navigation

> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Default 2 smudge signatures, first smudging signatures i've ever made.

First one:

Second one:

CnC, please keep in mind that i've never smudged before.

Work on your smudging a lot, you dont need to use it a lot. Thats how I was for the first time I thought it was the best tool ever but a month later it looked to bad, so clear it up a little bit for both.

i like the second one more than the first. in the first one, i think the render you used was poor quality, or maybe there's an effect on it... but there's too much blending. Because of the lack of clarity, your eyes aren't drawn to anything in particular and you just see a bunch of background noise. Adding the smudge on top of the render really pulls the subject away from the foreground and makes the signature bland in general.
    In the first signature, I like how you played with an almost monotone color palate, it's a really great idea and i like the browns you chose to work with. If you were to bring in some bright reds against the browns for the foreground it would really accentuate the subject and the colors would work to make it pop, but with subtleties.

In the second one, the smudging is nicer, cleaner, but there's still a bit of an issue with a real focus. Again, i love the color scheme, the purples are really nice and soft and work to tone down the edgy background. the lightest point is where your eyes are always drawn, so maybe if you reversed the colors so the light was towards the dude's face, instead of his back, it would really pull the subject out more. I love the tones and feeling of this sig, the rough edges and soft colors really work together, which is usually pretty hard to achieve. I love his t-shirt too ^.^ kinda cute

i think the text is a little weird, not clear enough to be read, but i know there's something there to be read.... idk i was expecting your username but... idk what that says...

overall both signatures are really good. I'm critiquing everything i see because you've only got so far before i can't help you improve any more. Both have good overall composition, great color schemes and it's always good to branch out and try new methods of design.

kiu!!
    -panda

wahaha nothing for me to say panda said it all :P