Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hypnotized

Default Hypnotized

One new photo-manipulation from me. I've spent 10 hours in PS

All I need is a little time,To get behind this sun and cast my weight,All I need is a peace of this mind, Then I can celebrate.

My works: http://www.wallpapers.wpgallery.com/...-A-Man/uploads

i love how you made the bg flow go with the hand coming from her dress. This is a great peice kiu
    text could be better but it looks good as is
    and imo the black spot in the middle of the circle throws it off

"You come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly"

its a bit small, you might wanna scale it up in illustrater?

10 HOURS? O_o , why did it take you so much?
    Gift From Rad: Click Me
    Gift From Domino: Click Me

thank you all

@ Annokill - if you didn't click on medium image here is a shortcut to a large image: http://www.wpgallery.com/gallery/dis...565&fullsize=1
    @ 10 hours so much?!? heh, I've checked out your speed art on youtube, so I can have something to compare (good works by the way)... let's see, working time of your speed art in real life can be between 40-60 minutes. Comparing to my work you already cut (or someone else did) all stock photos, your stock photos are already high quality (no need to retouch them), I believe that you make every theme at least once before you make speed art. Now, my work: finding good stock photos can take a time if you're not lucky (in this work I wasn't, it takes me at least 2 hours), main stock photo (girl) was in terrible condition, bad lighting and a lot of noise (but it was a real challenge), I think about idea and theme and you already made something which is nothing new, you're placing one texture and I am combining textures. I experiment sometimes to get even better result, but I have to admit that I have trouble to choose colors in this one, that's all what happens when you think about something new. Manipulating, redrawing, you already know how everything works, if you want something fast you have to do it once if I give you a theme different of what you expect and you do it for an hour without thinking you're a king!
    All I need is a little time,To get behind this sun and cast my weight,All I need is a peace of this mind, Then I can celebrate.

My works: http://www.wallpapers.wpgallery.com/...-A-Man/uploads

I made my 2nd speedart up completely while recording it, as can be found in the photo-manipulation section. And it didnt take me 10hours, nice art though

Time shouldn't really be a factor when creating art guys, unless you're being commissioned and are on a deadline, lol... and the longer something takes to make usually relates to it's difficultly as well.

Anyway, nice photo-manip, I liked it. Flows well.

nice idea, the execution is a little sloppy but it works for what you were trying to get across. the background is low quality, dunno if the grainy look is intentional but it lowers the overall quality of the piece, the lighting is a bit off on some of it, the shadows and highlights of the girl and the swirl don't matchup where the light sources are coming from, I like the pose she is in and the part you did with the face, the text could be removed and it would probably help. I like the idea tho so it's got some potential. maybe a few more hours refining the details is neccesarry.

Agreed time doesn't matter. Love the piece, the flow and compo are great i just don't like the way at about 2am the circle is broken. It should of only broke for the hand imo.

Lighting and effects are great, one of the better photomanips shown on the void.

As for the people shouting speedart, speed arts tend to be sloppy as i have seen in so many of them. Real art does take time, once mastered the time taken does decrease but the great arts aren't done in a hour.

The Sistine chapel wasn't painted in a day.

Looks great, my only gripe would be the top of the c4d(?) acting as some sort of tail, at the top it looks pretty straight.
    Love the colour blobs on the stock of the girl.

Incidentally I think the longest I've ever spent on a single piece of artwork was around 6-8 hours (a couple of times xD), and that was a vector (which always take me a while). Personally I don't think you should factor in the time taken to find the stocks - but thats just me.
    Have you ever thought of creating the stocks yourself? Like using a studio or something?

One of the sexiest tags I've ever seen, from Radillac <3