» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Time for a little discussion

OK, so I have a few questions for you guys and I am bit preturbed by some issues around here.

First, some of you may have noticed my activity on the site has being, shall we say, a lot less than usual.

One reason being is the lack of activity, yet again. Another being things such as comps being ran because you guys want them to be ran, and after a week or so, they tend to dwindle off and vanish into thin air. Two examples I can think of right now are the funny sig comp, which a lot of you wanted to have return, and now the photography comp, which had to be extended due to lack of entries.

I fail to see why people vote "yes" in a poll for any competition to be ran, enter once, then don't bother anymore. I really do.

The people who do run, or attempt to run these comps for you guys don't get paid to do so. Sure, it may seem a trivial and petty thing to some of you, but it isn't. We run comps for you guys because you want us to, so for those saying they want to participate, should do so in my opinion. Sometimes they may get forgotten, or buried, and I will attempt myself to plug them as much as I can. However, if you are interested in a comp here and say you are, you should make some effort to enter them.

Also, while I am here, if anyone has a SOLID idea for any other sort of competitons here, fee free to PM me with the details and I will discuss them with the staff in the staff forum.

Let's try to get this site back on track guys and participate in the comps we run around here a bit more.

Thanks.
    Prick.

tbh DM i think alot of ppl might be in school or doing sports with there school and stuff that could be why the decline in activity again but i could be wrong and when they come here they are motivated i know when i come here alot of times the only thing that motivates me it my team no skin kills the vibe here for sure and i know as well as all the staff we cant do anything about that at all but that could be a big part of it tbh

Something small and simple that can help the activity of the competitions is this; Kill the Due-Date from 2 weeks to 2-3 days. It doesn't take 3 days for someone to make a signature so what they do is they put it off for later and later turns into "damn I won't make it in time" because they forgot and end up not entering the competition with a rushed signature.

Gaaf is offline Fight Club is closed..

Super Moderator

Let me bump this thread,
    Btw, I agree with syn here. Maybe if we change the time to make a tag or photograph or w/e, to 3-4 days. Becouse you indeed dont need 1 week to make a tag.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaaf View Post
    Let me bump this thread,
    Btw, I agree with syn here. Maybe if we change the time to make a tag or photograph or w/e, to 3-4 days. Becouse you indeed dont need 1 week to make a tag.
    i have to agree on this one +make the theme an easy one...there should be another contest for the contest with hard theme on.

^thanks for the epic gift AGITATOR!

SOTW:261|265|288|308 |edwinpabito.deviantart.com

Bearing in mind the school summer hols are probably coming soon so that could see a rise in activity again.
    Is quite dead though =/

One of the sexiest tags I've ever seen, from Radillac <3

I shall PM you with a few ideas of mine :P
    Proud Owner of:
    RichFlyers

^ LOVE YOU RAD ^

perhaps some trophy prizes for these contests will help spark interest again. the potf is still new contest it may take a few weeks to get going. the due date thing may drive pple away from it too if they can't make a tag or have time to take a photo in 3 days or less. some pple have jobs, school, real life problems, and computer issues, so it's not like everyone can enter every competition. what competitions are currently running on the void anyway? SOTW, POTF, KOTH? is that all?

Round two.

Explain to people that CnC doesn't stand for Crush and Criticize but Comment and Criticize. People like criticizing other peoples posts but they never really comment on what they did right. The response from the OP is always "I meant to do that" or "I know" although he/she asked for CnC, they get butt-hurt and leave the website insulting everything about the site as they apply ointment on the burn in hopes of getting some self esteem back.

I don't think shorting every contest would be the best option, but deff smething to be looked at.

Some contests though don't involve sigs and are poetry/ photo/lp etc.
    Keep the ideas coming tho peeps!

Radi's one of a kind gift <3

^My Wish List^