Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Default After Slave's advice | Crysis Sig | Helios

I recently showcased a Crysis tag and Slave gave me some advice
    so I took it and redid the sig.

- -

CnC + out of 10

hmmm I'd give this a 6.5/10. You got the lighting going on, the character doesn't feel like he's part of the scene. What you need to do is somehow blend him in. Also, not every tag needs text, but it's totally up to you buddy.

Finally, the tag doesn't have a 'WOOooOOooOOW!!!! O_O' factor about it. Try putting in more effects (fractals, C4Ds, Bubbles, Swirls etc), but make sure they fit with the feel of the tag. You'll improve with time, believe me on that!

Like BuBBlez said, needs some "WOW". If you have enough memory on your computer, GFXVoid has one of the best resource sections on the Web.
    They're got things like renders, effects, c4ds, fractals, brushes, fonts just about everything you'll need. There's also plenty of tutorials that show you how to use these resources effectively.
    Good luck, keep at it!

It seems very beginner than again you are one. Like I said before this site has some great tutorials to learn the basics. Get the fundamentals down packed and you'll begin to piece things together in youre work. The way I did it was to compare my work to someone elses and look at what theres had and what mine lacked. Try to imitate certain things you see in others works, .psds really help, and try to form your own style. Now for some CnC:

Its to dark and has no light source.
    There is no flow what so ever.
    There is no depth involved.
    And there is no blending.
    Overall a 6.5/10 is being overly generous a 2/10 seems about right. It may seem a bit harsh but keep working at it. Keep it up though just doing stuff like this allows you to get the hang of photoshop. You'll get it in no time.

My Three Rules Of Making a Sig Flow, Lighting and Depth

Still seems a bit beginner imo
    I would lose the text for a start and also try working on a different canvas size (try 400x200) these are usually the most common mistakes, try to just simple build up the sig and work around the render leaving things like blurring/sharpen/photo filters to the last bit once you've built up your foundations.

Also try not to use those brushes, find a decent C4D pack, don't get me wrong they're nice brushes - but they don't do much for the sig in terms of depth - I think I've also used them before in my hay day =p.

Finally, I would also recommend a different render, that one is fine but the colours are a bit bland and difficult to work with, try finding the Deus Ex render from the poster above^.

One of the sexiest tags I've ever seen, from Radillac <3

Ok, I'll try and attempt to go through a few things here.
    1) flow
    The text should go with the flow of the tag, so probably a little above the gun, tilted to go along the flow of the gun. The little cut bits on the bottom right, I would've put one on the top left of the text, one on the top right.
    2) Lighting
    Create a new layer above all, and get that soft red ans a round soft brush at about 200 pixels. Brush in the top left and then apply a motion blur of say 50-200 pixels. The layer then goes on soft light and play around with the opacity. This should improve your lighting situation.
    The whole tag seems a bit, 'dull' aswell. Try filling a new layer with a soft colour, putting it on colour dodge/lighten and lowering the opacity way down.

This should help you improve some. Great effort though