Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Default Wolf Background/Tag | Myles

Original:
    http://i.imgur.com/Er8aX.jpg

Background:
    http://i.imgur.com/fPhwl.jpg

Smaller Version/Tag:

I know it seems like a fairly simple photo manipulation, but I really like it! CnC please?
    "Don't let Victories go to your head, or defeats to your heart."

I think you did a really good job bringing focus to the face with your shadowing and gradients, I also find it really interesting the way you cut up your piece like that...

I feel there are only 2 things I could pick at here, one I deff know could be fixed with ease, the other is I guess all in the eyes of the beholder..

First one is inthe wolfs eyes, you have something over it to turn it that pinkish red, but right in the center of the black you have some of it overlapping and this imo gives off a less focused image, I would go back and either gently erase over the black to bring it back, or attempt to put the pink/red on a different setting, you also might wanna go back and use your burn tool to bring out some more detail in the circular part of the eye.

Second part is the first half face on the far left... this is only my opinion but it looks like a happy dog, tho I can clearly see in the full image that it is not, but with it half cut before the full image of the open mouth, looks like your de would suggest cutting it slightly different so you can still see the rage in the face better...

One final idea, that might or might not work out good but just a test is to sharpen up under the eyes, the tounge and the hair farther up his head near his ears to make it pop out more... Though just an idea ^^

Nice manip myles ^^ kiu!

Radi's one of a kind gift <3

^My Wish List^

Quote Originally Posted by Slave View Post
    I think you did a really good job bringing focus to the face with your shadowing and gradients, I also find it really interesting the way you cut up your piece like that...

I feel there are only 2 things I could pick at here, one I deff know could be fixed with ease, the other is I guess all in the eyes of the beholder..

First one is inthe wolfs eyes, you have something over it to turn it that pinkish red, but right in the center of the black you have some of it overlapping and this imo gives off a less focused image, I would go back and either gently erase over the black to bring it back, or attempt to put the pink/red on a different setting, you also might wanna go back and use your burn tool to bring out some more detail in the circular part of the eye.

Second part is the first half face on the far left... this is only my opinion but it looks like a happy dog, tho I can clearly see in the full image that it is not, but with it half cut before the full image of the open mouth, looks like your de would suggest cutting it slightly different so you can still see the rage in the face better...

One final idea, that might or might not work out good but just a test is to sharpen up under the eyes, the tounge and the hair farther up his head near his ears to make it pop out more... Though just an idea ^^

Nice manip myles ^^ kiu!
    Thanks, I noticed the pink bits across the pupil of the eye and meant to sort that out, but forgot, I shall go and fix that now, I may also take your advice on using the burn tool, thanks!

Now that you mention it I can see the happy dog, but the problem is, the rage is within the snarl, so the only way I could get the anger is to copy the bit that I already did, I will try and find a way of doing that, whilst still showing the rage!

Again, thanks for the tip, I will try doing that, and then will edit the post with the fixed, may try a few things like a Black and white sig, or the cuts being black and white once I finish fixing it up!

Three edited sigs:

(my favourite)

and an edited, but none black and white:

Last edited by Myles XO; 05-30-2012 at 04:10 PM.
    "Don't let Victories go to your head, or defeats to your heart."