> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Red face Just a few tags.

Hey guys.
    I'd allow you all to see all of my work on DeviantArt; but since I left the site-I've taken it all down.
    Anyhow, here's a few new pieces I created.
    Enjoy guys.

Oh, and no I'm actually not a Halo fanatic.
    For some reason, I really just enjoy their stocks and renders.
    A majority of them are perfect to use.

Most of your tags would look better without the text, in my opinion text only works in some tags, not all the time. The times it doesn't fit it only look like it were slapped on at a random place for the sake of including text. Text can either lift or drag down a tag, add to the piece or steal all focus and kill some depth.
    My suggestion would be to go easy on using text, if it doesn't feel 100% right and adds something to the piece without stealing too much focus, it's better to leave it out. You should also stay away from moving the text too far from the focal, like in your Metroid Prime, TGFX Halo smudge, and Only The Future Counts tags, since it steals the focus from the tag to the wrong place. You should also avoid to cover the focal with text like in your first Halo, Hermanz, TZS5 Halo4 and the two Halo tags under that one. By covering the focal you lose depth and it only looks slapped on. Touching the edge of the focal/render and about shoulder high is usually the best placement for text.
    Your Miss Laurelle tag has in my opinion the best text. It's a clean easy to read font and that line together with it helps to still keep the focus on your focal.
    And one last text suggestion would be to use clean regular easy to read fonts since the text in a tag is of such small size. It works well with handwritten fonts sometimes, but not all the time.

Enough about text, about the actual tags: They are all of good quality and your colors and atmospheres in everyone is really good. The thing you'd need to work on is blending, work more with covering the render characters since they look pasted on in most of the tags. Cover them with a little more effects and blend in the edges of the renders better. Your best blended tag is Halo Run.
    My favorite tag out of all these are the Halo TCS5, really nice atmosphere and flow, delete the text and you have a sweet ass tag

Hope I wasn't to harsh on you, only trying to help and remember, what I've said is my personal taste and likings.

Here's examples on better text imo, some old tags of mine since I rarely use text now days:

Hope that my words may help you and a warm welcome to the Void Hult

Hey Tom, I've seen you on different forums such as DesolationX, Nice to see you've come to the void

#Elephants Never Forget, So My Dick Remembers Everything

First Come First Serve Gift From Distelo<3

Quote Originally Posted by cC.RadillacVIII View Post
    Most of your tags would look better without the text, in my opinion text only works in some tags, not all the time. The times it doesn't fit it only look like it were slapped on at a random place for the sake of including text. Text can either lift or drag down a tag, add to the piece or steal all focus and kill some depth.
    My suggestion would be to go easy on using text, if it doesn't feel 100% right and adds something to the piece without stealing too much focus, it's better to leave it out. You should also stay away from moving the text too far from the focal, like in your Metroid Prime, TGFX Halo smudge, and Only The Future Counts tags, since it steals the focus from the tag to the wrong place. You should also avoid to cover the focal with text like in your first Halo, Hermanz, TZS5 Halo4 and the two Halo tags under that one. By covering the focal you lose depth and it only looks slapped on. Touching the edge of the focal/render and about shoulder high is usually the best placement for text.
    Your Miss Laurelle tag has in my opinion the best text. It's a clean easy to read font and that line together with it helps to still keep the focus on your focal.
    And one last text suggestion would be to use clean regular easy to read fonts since the text in a tag is of such small size. It works well with handwritten fonts sometimes, but not all the time.

Enough about text, about the actual tags: They are all of good quality and your colors and atmospheres in everyone is really good. The thing you'd need to work on is blending, work more with covering the render characters since they look pasted on in most of the tags. Cover them with a little more effects and blend in the edges of the renders better. Your best blended tag is Halo Run.
    My favorite tag out of all these are the Halo TCS5, really nice atmosphere and flow, delete the text and you have a sweet ass tag

Hope I wasn't to harsh on you, only trying to help and remember, what I've said is my personal taste and likings.

Here's examples on better text imo, some old tags of mine since I rarely use text now days:

Hope that my words may help you and a warm welcome to the Void Hult
    Damn dude, I really do have to thank you about this one.
    All that does make complete 100% sense.
    Seriously, thanks.^^

Quote Originally Posted by Pred™ View Post
    Hey Tom, I've seen you on different forums such as DesolationX, Nice to see you've come to the void
    Really? Ahhah, that's funny. xD
    Small world, eh'?
    Thanks though! & How've you been?

Happy to be at service

Not too bad actually, have been busy, haven't had much time to pursue graphics as much as I'd like to, due to school and shit but I'm still finding time to make some pieces

Looking forward to seeing more of your work mate

#Elephants Never Forget, So My Dick Remembers Everything

First Come First Serve Gift From Distelo<3

Liked em, agree about the text though, I have the same problem I always want to use it and it draws from my sig. Although I am no where near as good as you guys I rate em 7.5/10, cant wait to see more!!

Republics decline into democracies and democracies degenerate into despotisms. -Aristotle
    GGM

I really like your depth in some of these, but not how large and centered your renders are.