> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BF2

Well Peeps Im Thinking Of Getting BF2... Anygood? Any Probs?..Or Just A Pile Of Poo? :blink:

Get the demo first. 0_O

I havent played it personally, but a buddy of mine says it's fantastic. I agree with BFG, though. If you don't know, get the demo first.

Make sure your computer fits the requirements, cause mine doesn't.

Its a very good game, but the dam pc requirements are really high. I managed to turn my settings down on my GFX card so it wouldb't crash

"I find that on the internet, everyone is very tough in an anonymous, pussy kind of way" - Josh Homme

i played bfv for a long time and moved into bf2 when it came out, its pretty cool the only problmes i have with it are the lack of maps and the dependency on vehicals. otherwise a pretty cool game that has some rather large bugs that i am hopeing will be patched in the coming few weeks

try playing the smaller maps. they are a lot more infantry focused, though you still see vehicles on the odd ocassion. I've found the maps overbearing cause the map can change based on the number of players, which mixes it up a lot. the same map for 64 players has a lot bigger area than for 16 people.

The squad based game play is best. i recommend finding someone to play with, either friends or a clan. you get four or more people in a squad with a half decent commander and its kick ass!!!

the squad commander aspect in a FPS is brillant, something i hadn't seen before. its like aspects of RTS with FPS. Btw, if anyone is in oz, i'm in clan PoS and play on game arena or internode servers.

i downloaded the demo and tested it... it's fucking good game im gonna buy it probably soon.... i can't get the frigin multiplayer thingy working... the account creation is confusing

I have the game, but I would reccomend waiting for a big patch to come out before you get it, there just aren't enough maps right now.

how can you say there are not enough maps when each map is endlessy changing?

the number of resources on each map changes based on the number of players playing. The number of spawns, map size and options available change as to whether its a 24, 32 or 64 player. so for one given map you immediatly have 3 versions, maybe 24 only has infantry while 64 has several air fields, etc.

This adds a level of depth that i have yet to see in any other FPS.