» Site Navigation

> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Default My very first sig

Well after sitting here on photoshop for about an hour i made this, this is my first time every doing anything like it i have no experience at all and im hoping to try and learn more lol, i was clicking things i didn't even understand if anyone wants to maybe give me some type of help or something it would be greatly appreciated

well, that's not bad for a first sig. my first sig was a render in a firestock, so... If you have some time, I would like you to visit the GFXVoid tutorial's section. We have good things there, you will learn alot.
    From BuBBlez

I look at the tutorials but im confused cause i dont really know were to start :P

I agree with ex, thats a very helpful and great outcome tut.
    For a first tag this is good news and great attempt.
    Lemme offer a few tricks to better help your compo for the next one

First off, there are sort of special rules to art pieces in perticular tags/signatures. These rules aren't always strict but do tend to land you more favour then if you don't use them.

lemme post an example here for you, that I have used in the past to help explain some things ( plix don't judge, it's not my best tag xD)

Example>>>
    1st tip, focals ( your main image) should usually find their way overlaping these black line crossings, see where her face is, I have placed it here in hopes to draw attention, it's not too far off the center yet not too far off the page that other things steal the view. Try not to leave your focal dead center or so far off from center that it is resting on the edges, the human mind automatically see's this as "broken" Humans have a natural idea as to what is beautiful, so if you meet someone who has their eyes so low to their nostrals, you will automatically see this as damaged goods, it's all about natural selection :P Sorry about the ramble, just terying to explain why art is done the way it is.

Second example try to show light source with shading, if you are not going to show where the light source is, try to make sure that when using your render that you try to enhance your focals surroundings as the render shows it, the human mind again will see the faults of your piece because we try to find normal in every setting, and if your focal shows the light coming from bottom left, but all your surrounding is showing it from top right, this piece to the rest of the general public will be viewed as incorrect, even if they themselves don't know what is "wrong" with this piece.

3rd suggestion, for the moment simpler bg's are okay, you're just getting into the swing of things and testing the waters plus your style is key for your future in art. Though try to add effects you feel would help your piece out, in the example piece I gave, she looks as if she is lounging, I wanted to create the atmos of a garden, smoke and of more calming piece. I made some smoke swirls, threw in some butterflies & flowers and tossed in some asian looking lamps because her pipe + outfit was asian inspired. My suggestion to you is, your piece is very flat and vexel like, try adding more firm lines, less curved and more colours from your original focal, try playing with more simpler shapes and seeing how far this will take you. Once you get better at reading your piece you will want to add things like c4d, fire, sparks, lights, fractals etc. The faster you introduce yourself to them the better help your bg will fall into place.

Hope I gave you some food for thought

Keep at art, it always in some way will pay off ^^

Radi's one of a kind gift <3

^My Wish List^