No Members online

» Site Navigation

> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

View Poll Results: Who's the biggest troll?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bogui

41 68.33%
  • cC.DOMINO™

10 16.67%
  • Distelo

4 6.67%
  • h3rald

1 1.67%
  • schultz

0 0%
  • shiv96

0 0%
  • Or your's truley

4 6.67%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

But, I can change!

Is there a prize at the end of this? Is Apathy donating his big gold penis award for the event?

One of the sexiest tags I've ever seen, from Radillac <3

American by birth, southern by the grace of God.

:'(, why you no love me DM!

Dist.....mad trolling man...
    Proud Owner of:
    RichFlyers

^ LOVE YOU RAD ^

Quote Originally Posted by +s9.KroniiK View Post
    Dist.....mad trolling man...
    What have I done? D=

No one on this forum qualifies as a troll, I think the word has gotten thrown around the internet a little too much and just like the word "Hate" it has lost it meaning.

Now a "troll" is someone who is disliked by someone else. It's gotten to the point where people enjoy being called trolls or even call themselves trolls, the word is literally an insult not a compliment.
    Last edited by Synsational; 07-31-2012 at 04:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Syn View Post
    No one on this forum qualifies as a troll, I think the word has gotten thrown around the internet a little too much and just like the word "Hate" it has lost it meaning.

Now a "troll" is someone who is disliked by someone else. It's gotten to the point where people enjoy being called trolls or even call themselves trolls, the word is literally an insult not a compliment.
    ^

I imagine a troll quite literally as the trolface meme, it means different things wherever you go but in terms of insults etc.. generally hurtful comments I don't think trolling comes into that category. Trolling for me is essentially joking around, or winding someone up, usually on this here forum its just limited to members that know each other etc.. and tends to reside in the chatbox, its all good fun and usually people don't take things to heart.
    If a person was to 'hate' another person (and you're right that word does get branded around too easily) I would just prefer it if they came right out with it and gave you something to improve on, after all you can't improve without a bit of crit. Like, "I hate you because you always call me names" - fair enough, stop calling them names. Simples xD

Thats the way I see it anyway, although I've tried to put my rather shameful trolling behind me, sometimes... especially when Apathy is involved, its difficult to hold back =p

Fuck you distelo. I hate you for being british... try to change that.. lol :|

Anyway, trolling, real trolling is the opposite of what you said distelo, its not joking around w/ people you know, trolling is using personal insults to put people down, saying the worst things you can imagine in order to make them rage or cry, and in extreme cases like cyber bullying even commit suicide irl, although that's almost always a continuation of real life personal issues that also show up on the net that causes that, and not a random stranger. Anywho... that's trolling. So yeah, as Syn said its not really a compliment, unless you're from 4chan, then it's a mission, ha.

...but since trolling became mainstream its been used to pretty much to describe any type of annoying or disruptive behavior, and thus is used in most situations like that now on the net, and that's how it will remain. It's kind of like calling stocks/images that have had their background cut-out "renders" even though that's technically incorrect.. people still uses that terminology cause its been accepted by almost everyone as correct. That's the way I see it... trolling used to mean something different but now its just a word to describe idiots.

@Apathy, yep, agreed.

@Dist

What most people now a days don't know is that being a "troll" or even using the word "trolling" to describe the act came from a seriously dark place in the internet. "Trolling" became a common act by Pedophile's to get as much information from kids on 4Chan (the most famous one) and other websites on the internet to later rape/murder them. By "trolling" they made the person go on and on defending theirselves, clarifying what the "troller" accused him/her of and by doing so the "troll" had enough information to track/find the kids/women etc.

To be a troll is to be a filthy murdering/criminal/pedophile/nuisance for pleasure and information.

I have yet to see a reason or a moment where I thought that being a "troll" or anyone calling themselves trolls was funny or innocent at any point other than attempting to be funny by joining a trend they know nothing of.

But ey, o.O some people are into getting raped, giving away information to try and prove someone wrong and giving other people personal information that could put their life's as well as their families at risk. I am no one to judge, except that I know that no one in that list is a "troll", unless DM has something to tell us, in which case lolrape.