» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Thread: Roronoa Zoro

Signatures & Tags Roronoa Zoro

CnC?

You suck and you should be in jail for stealing the art of Eiichiro Oda whom originally designed and created that character using traditional mediums and then later using digital media.

Shame on you and shame on the person who told you how to steal Photoshop and use it to further steal real art works.

The law states that you should be in jail because One Piece is a Copyrighted and Licensed product.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infringement

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prison_rape

E
    xpect some of this, Wiki never lies.

so here's how this is gonna work. I'm gonna go over what i dont like, then what i do like. You're gonna go cry about it for a few minutes, then have a montage scene where you gain confidence and purpose, then you're gonna go back, fix everything we bitch about and repost the new version. got it?
    good
    here goes

So this sig is really flat. By flat i mean there's no real depth to it. I can clearly see the four layers you have. One - the brown pink background; two - the weird c4d thing; three- the character; four - the green typing. The piece has no movement in it, there's no real flow. there's no point of focus, no direction of movement... a good sig can have all of those and still be simple enough. For one, there's no balance between the layers. They're just... layered on top. You should try to intertwine them. Give them depth by pulling one layer on top of another then back behind that layer, so there's movement in the color. Also, none of your colors match... the brown and pink dont match the hot pink and lime green which dont match the colors of your character which dont match the text... work on that... try to come up with one basic color scheme, that way the sig is simple and clean but still effective. If you choose to keep the colors simple, and give your foreground (the object of focus) the most intense colors then it can really draw your eye to the object. Or if you choose to intensify all the color behind one part of your object then it can emphasize that part of the object, like the hand in the back holding the sword. Then you can use lines of motion (just some sort of movement originating from a focal point that gives it depth and motion) to really grab the audience's eye to that one point.
    the text also really takes away from the focal point. I hate the font and the placement and the colors... the text shouldn't be the focus of your piece, it should be added in at the end, just like a watermark so that people know it's your sig.
    the c4d looks really out of place here, like something you added to fill up the background. try coming up with something on your own to fit in the background, or something that applies to the subject. The c4d is just random to be honest, it's extra stuff that pulls your eye away, especially because of the quality of the image against the cartoonish character in the foreground. it really makes the background seem almost more important than the foreground.
    I think you should try and just weave the layers together. start there, work onwards. You've got a good start and a lot to learn but you're not a lost cause. Just to let you know, your sig is better than anything i could ever do with a render and a c4d. i hate them... a lot... that's why i just draw...

anyways.... things i like.....

that's a really nice pink you've got there....

GJ KIU M8

You have a lot to work on, but that's why there's a tutorial section in this forum. And it has a lot of tutorials

Kiu!

THE TEXT SUCKS BRO!!!! also the background dosent really work with the render. keep workin bro
    i use gimp and paint.net

A wise man once said: It's not the size of the boat, it's the motion of the ocean. :P