» Site Navigation

> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

It's not the appearance of the tut that classifies the level of skill, all that matter is the outcome.
    There's no possible way you can win this discussion by justifying your choice of advanced.
    Take these advice from us people who has been around and are more experienced then you instead of trying to throw it back in our faces, we are trying to help you.

At least you trie lol. In a tutorial verything should be explained to the fullest the help the viewer understand what they are seeing so next time try to speak or use notepad to help out the viewer a bit. Just because the viewer may not know some shortcuts doesn't mean they're a beginner..

Radillac im not trying to "win this discussion" because theres no winning or losing. I never said I disagreed with how you or the other members were looking at it im just trying to justify it from my point of view. Ive not been defensive. But i do find you saying take the advice of people more experienced than you offense because you haven't seen all my other work and have no idea the type of techniques or spectrums ive gone through to make alot of my signatures. All you know is the one outcome that I posted for this tut which i said in the beginning i wasnt happy with but would share anyways and the few ive posted on this forum.

thread should be titled, "Impossible Tutorial with not so great outcome"

Quote Originally Posted by Quickshot17 View Post
    But i do find you saying take the advice of people more experienced than you offense because you haven't seen all my other work and have no idea the type of techniques or spectrums ive gone through to make alot of my signatures. All you know is the one outcome that I posted for this tut which i said in the beginning i wasnt happy with but would share anyways and the few ive posted on this forum.
    Yeah all I know is the tut outcome since there's no possible way to search the forum and view all your posts *sarcastic*.
    Few pieces you say, and these are only from your recent posts:

Signatures

Logo

Banners

Renders
    Wallpapers

Wallpapers

Photomanip wallpapers

comments and cnc greatly appricated
    Judging by all that you have a long way to go and much experience to gain, no offense but that's the truth.
    I do not mean any harm but if you classify yourself as a fully learned and experienced gfxer atm it's based on a dream.
    I'd suggest for you to follow more tuts rather then creating your own for now, to learn new techniques and styles. You got the basics down so you would get better in no time.

radillac is right. you need to branch out and try to learn new stuff. looks like you learned basic stuff and you use the same ideas and techniques on all your pieces. We arent trying to gangbang you here, even though Rad might enjoy that.

Listen dude, all this discussion aside, there is not a single thing in this tutorial, after watching it, that a beginner couldn't do easily, had you been explaining what you were doing while you were doing it. The fact that you are not talking doesn't make this an "advanced" tutorial with "advanced" techniques, it just makes the tutorial somewhat stupid and pointless, and more like a timelapse of the signature, which I would be more inclined to call this video. I'd like to point out also that i'm not calling your tag stupid and pointless, or your idea of doing a tutorial, but if this is what you call a tutorial, when it doesn't explain anything or offer any help (The whole point of a tutorial) then it is indeed a little stupid and pointless. I would invest in a mic (if you dont have one) if you are planning on doing any video tutorials.

Take a look at this for example :

This has gotten a great response from people simply because it goes through the method I am teaching in an ordered and structured way and each step is explained well.

Again, i'm not trying to belittle you or your tag in anyway, but the outcome itself isn't good enough for it to be considered an "advanced" tag, and the video isn't detailed enough for it to be considered a tutorial.

Okie dokie everyone.

Thanks for the inputs, thanks for the advises and replies. We have all learned something new today and helped each other out without ripping each others throat out. let us not discuss this any further, it won't get anywhere nice. I can smell the death threats coming a mile away.

Quote Originally Posted by Syn View Post
    Okie dokie everyone.

Thanks for the inputs, thanks for the advises and replies. We have all learned something new today and helped each other out without ripping each others throat out. let us not discuss this any further, it won't get anywhere nice. I can smell the death threats coming a mile away.
    I can't believe I'm actually saying this, but for once Syn is right, lets drop this whole gfx labeling semantics nonsense and move on.

Shit. The party stopped before I even posted. But yea, what Rad said.