» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you drive?

Default Do you drive?

I'm currently around 5 hours into the learning process at the moment, just got back from another lesson (doing it with a hangover is not much fun, headache galore).

If you do I would love to know - do you 'think' about what you're doing, in the sense of are you constantly thinking about where your hands are and what you're going to do next or do you just start things now naturally.
    I'm starting to get on top of things without worrying so much as to what I'm going to do next, I still find idiots and/or stuck up people on the road a huge pain in the arse *cough* trucks *cough*.

Aside from that my only other annoyance is stalling, I'm certainly getting more used to the clutch now than I was when I first started (Put it this way, ever seen a 3 ton metal flee jump up and down on the spot? Tis' a lot like that), during my hour today I only managed to stall it once - and that was in second gear after slowing a little too much for a speed bump.

A fair way to go, learning the highway code, managing 4th and 5th gear and I still haven't got stuck behind a tractor yet, which I hear is a large part of the initiation ceremony. Wish me luck!

One of the sexiest tags I've ever seen, from Radillac <3

This was weird for me. I live in florida and I got my learners permit to drive on monday. Just turned 15. Here there are no practices (stupid I know) but so far so good. I've driven a lot already and seem to be doing well, but I'm sure that driving automatic like me is easier. Getting caught behind tractors isn't an issue here lol, but there are some senior citizens who seem to not be able to see over the wheel, and that reflects in their driving. I haven't killed anyone yet, it seems to just be 99% practice and staying aware though
    Flawless GIF Loop

In my country we can only drive when we are at least 18, so yeah, I'm driving too, with Wolkswagen Golf, manual.
    Next lesson I have tomarrow and in thursday i have an exam, where I will be driving around the city and other stuff.
    Wish me luck. ^_^

I drive... all the bitches crazy..

Had my driver's license since I was 16. I'm 21 now....Currently I drive a 2007 Cobalt SS/SC

Im normally jammin' when i drive or have something else on my mind. I'm a fairly polite driver though, if I see a shit ton of people behindme I'll let people in etc. You catch on to things fairly quick, but you'll do lots of stupid things first.

--Oh, and if "needs a bit of work" means mechanical and not rust I'll probably get it and use parts from my other one to create a sexier one (Well my dad will I'll sit there while he explains things basically)
    http://novascotia.kijiji.ca/c-cars-v...AdIdZ371343580
    Last edited by Wolvy; 09-16-2012 at 04:10 PM.
    Proud owner of the "50 Shades of Syn" series

Quote Originally Posted by Wolvy View Post
    Im normally jammin' when i drive or have something else on my mind. I'm a fairly polite driver though, if I see a shit ton of people behindme I'll let people in etc. You catch on to things fairly quick, but you'll do lots of stupid things first.

--Oh, and if "needs a bit of work" means mechanical and not rust I'll probably get it and use parts from my other one to create a sexier one (Well my dad will I'll sit there while he explains things basically)
    http://novascotia.kijiji.ca/c-cars-v...AdIdZ371343580
    Nice ride, but damn those kilometres are just too much. I'd consider something else.

Yep.

A 2001 Chevy Venure.
    Dun hate brah/

Quote Originally Posted by OGbyDesign View Post
    This was weird for me. I live in florida and I got my learners permit to drive on monday. Just turned 15. Here there are no practices (stupid I know) but so far so good. I've driven a lot already and seem to be doing well, but I'm sure that driving automatic like me is easier. Getting caught behind tractors isn't an issue here lol, but there are some senior citizens who seem to not be able to see over the wheel, and that reflects in their driving. I haven't killed anyone yet, it seems to just be 99% practice and staying aware though
    Do automatics still have the clutch though? I always thought it was just the gearbox that was auto.

One of the sexiest tags I've ever seen, from Radillac <3

Quote Originally Posted by Distello View Post
    Do automatics still have the clutch though? I always thought it was just the gearbox that was auto.
    The clutch is automated, so there is no pedal. Power gets sent through a bunch of torque converters so the wheels move.