> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default some of my works from passing years

I consider my focal points to be strong effecting and lighting, I'm rather proud of my photomanipulation capability and my weakness has always been designing texts to go with my works.

Sometimes the style i use has been called unique because i dont rely on brushes, infact i use them verhy rarely and im not really used to using them, instead i use style that relies on piling up hunrdrets and hundrets of layersand generate effects that way.

so i guess my biggest area's of improving are brushes and text?

anyway lets get down to business

works are pretty much in the reversed order i made them, excluding the 2 wallies on the bottom.

recently i rediscovered my love for animation...

Last edited by KraMer; 10-17-2012 at 09:24 AM.

-[Jake111 alias Jack Jonathan Kramer]~[MMORPG - Cabal,Dekaron,MuOnline,Lineage2]~[Anor Nó Mille Fortis]-

Ok, let's start of with the first signature which is my favourite. Looks really great, it's the first of it's kind that I have seen so even after so many years of signature making you have surprised me with something. You get a big + for that.

One way I would have went about using the lighting would have been darkening up the entire canvas to the point of basically no visibility except the 125/125/125 values which are around light/dark grey. That means face, chest, white armor and belt would have been visible but not bright. Almost your "regular" colour one would say. Half a second of maybe just the clothes moving (which is really great by the way) in darkness, then the lighting hitting down causing the entire signature to go really, really bright then calming down as the smaller lighting strikes hit would have been too perfect. So basically to sum this up, darkness but still moving clothes, really bright to introduce the impact of the lighting source whitening everything out but not too bright and then lowering the colours down to "bright" as the smaller strikes come down.

Again, impressive signature.

This goes for the rest of your pieces, you have a good sense of composition and know what you want...I see where you are going with the making everything one colour. Most people think that this is called "monotone", these people are idiots who call signatures "art". I on the other hand know that what you attempted to do was establish a mood for the signatures, again, this is a big + from me so great job.

The best way to lay down a mood is always to keep your 3 grounds in mind. You have your background, mid-ground and foreground. Background is actually lighter than your mid-ground, mid-ground is lighter than your foreground and your foreground is the darkest one. This is how the human eye sees things and allows us to distinguish the difference between what is background, what is the character and what is closest to us. This comes in to play especially when using effects or rather exploding effects...you won't make the effects "darker" but you'll make them better to see because that is what the design is all about meanwhile the background will still be a background at it's "hard too see" but still "lighter" value.

Rule of 3rd, perspective guiding and point of interest are things that most people don't really know how to use. Fortunately there was a time when Rule of 3rd really came into play and it became a common thing, everyone used it...but after awhile everyone tried being unique and fucked everything up. Like a fork that is bent around the others, it doesn't mean that it's unique it just makes it useless. So I will suggest and give you as an advise to follow these guides, see how digital art is constructed and what are the bone structures for it then take this into your craft and maybe even some animation.

Your animated signature style can become one of the most known styles there is because it is pretty awesome. Best of luck bud, honestly wish to see you do more.

:]

:/ went little inactive after my initial post...damn that university year taking up my time!

anyway since study period ended last week i had time to open photoshop again for the first time since christmas and here's the result of experiementing a few days

-[Jake111 alias Jack Jonathan Kramer]~[MMORPG - Cabal,Dekaron,MuOnline,Lineage2]~[Anor Nó Mille Fortis]-

Impressive work!!

Good comment Syn!
    I do like a tad more color tho.
    And as Syn says rule of thirds, placement of text. works way better for your sig.

I don't even know how to do an animation so, yeah nr 1 is my favo here too
    Love what you did with the text!!

XL

mr. inactive here again.. didnt have time for several months to even touch photoshop, but... well here are most of the things i've doine after my last visit here

just my own signature

few different sizes of another signature

small

mid

large

animated request banner

another animated reqest banner

[after this all of them are part of requested advertising set]

small animated request banner

big animated request banner (im quite proud of the animation i did for this one )

AztecMu static banner v1

TitanMu static banner v1

AztecMu static banner v2

TitanMu static banner v2

sub titles for advertising threads. they speak for themselves.

I like the animated ones, but they're all a bit bright dude. Might be your monitor or something.

One of the sexiest tags I've ever seen, from Radillac <3

a bit bright? more like is the fucking sun.... have Strobelight brightness on 10% atm + f.lux all the way down and holy fk is it still bright.

the first one is rlly amazing tho

few more... im finding my touch again

anyway just to clarify I get accused of overlighting my works quite often, however I'd like to point out that it's my personal preference.

anyway thanks for the feedback, personally I feel like i still need much more practise with this stuff, as I really dont have time too often to do any works...
    Last edited by KraMer; 03-03-2014 at 03:45 PM.

well the first 4 are okay in terms of brights but then you have 2 and is like wtf...
    and then a few later on.
    like the first one on ur latest post the brightest is okay

just leaving this here

really i can tell its been a long time since i last touched ps, since now im full of new ideas again and doing stuff daily..