> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Thread: And another...

Signatures & Tags And another...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

^ Boy that takes me back.

I keep putting these on black backgrounds due to their white border xD
    Any chance of a few comments this time?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by Distello; 10-18-2012 at 04:18 PM.

One of the sexiest tags I've ever seen, from Radillac <3

Work on your background more, I'm seeing the same problem in your dragon sig (to a much lesser degree). You need to it blend it better, obvious mistakes to point out is the colors, look at your sig and think what's the primary color in this piece, the one that stands out the most, you'd say ''pink'', right? What made you think browin-ish yellows would work with this color? It completely distracts from the focal seeing such an obvious and abrupt contrast to colors the way it's shown, they do not complement each other in any way. Also, even though the background flows (somewhat) it still feels sort of odd with the splatter style, this is just personal opinion but I think your sig might of benefited if you had chosen to use vector style brushes/shapes for the background.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotora View Post
    Work on your background more, I'm seeing the same problem in your dragon sig (to a much lesser degree). You need to it blend it better, obvious mistakes to point out is the colors, look at your sig and think what's the primary color in this piece, the one that stands out the most, you'd say ''pink'', right? What made you think browin-ish yellows would work with this color? It completely distracts from the focal seeing such an obvious and abrupt contrast to colors the way it's shown, they do not complement each other in any way. Also, even though the background flows (somewhat) it still feels sort of odd with the splatter style, this is just personal opinion but I think your sig might of benefited if you had chosen to use vector style brushes/shapes for the background.
    Indeed I struggled a bit with the backing on this one, it was originally a similar yellow colour to her eyes, however with that there it just looked a bit 'samey' and distracted attention overall from the focal. The best I could think to do was make it darker and desaturate a fair amount to make the stuff in the foreground stand out more.
    With the dragon tag most of the back was covered by the charming wing the render provided =[

One of the sexiest tags I've ever seen, from Radillac <3

I do agree with kotora here about the colors.
    The depht in this piece looks great tho.
    Also I'm loving the clean look of these new pieces. Really cool.

I do think the render needs some more blending by putting some forgeground effects in there.
    Every effect (except for the splatter brush) seems to be at the background wich doesn't really support the blending.
    Mainly yhe right side of the render needs some more of that.
    The colors, as kotora said, could also fix it a little.
    Also the white and black brush (circle in a circle) thingies that are on the left and right of the render are kinda distracting imo.
    I guess that's because they are really different from the other splatters.

But overall I realyl do like the piece mainly because of it's high quality and great depht.
    Keep it up!