» Site Navigation

> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Post Windows 7, 8 mac?

Why not use everything!I'm currently using windows 7 with a mac toolbar and the windows 8 interface. quite liking it actually, still getting used to it.What are your thoughts on the new windows, i'm quite curious This is what my desktop looks like right now. Remember, it are just skins, I can delete them at any time. I just love skins!http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/4804/desktopsz.jpg*it's quite big, don't want to stretch the forum

WHAT'S THIS?! A SIGNATURE?

don't know why the post is so messed up :/I hope you can still read it properly

I dunno, I am not a fan of the streamline interface on Home PC's. I would much rather it stay with mobile devices then branching over (even though that will probably not happen). As far as mac, I also am not a fan. Sure its a trend I guess, but no compatibility with anything, very few to almost no bots/hacks for online games, twice as expensive, and they are worse about making upgrades ( i.e. Upgrade just for diffrent headphone jack in Iphone?). And that is all for only one good thing I can think of about Mac, fewer viruses.

Windows 8 is impressive it's just that without a touch screen it's sortve redundant, all stock pcs with windows 8 from now on will be made with touch screens.

I think Mac is a good system, and the game world is starting to grow on Mac as well, Steam provides a lot of games also on mac. The price is just waay too much. You might have fewer virusses, but honestly, if you are careful you never have virusses on your windows either :/. I like the mac toolbar for shortcuts, so that's why I got a skin for that Wanted to try out the metro for windows 8, It does work better with touchscreen(tried it on phone and tablet) but i think it's also a matter of using it often. If I keep my desktop like this, I will be totally used to it.Liking the windows 8 interface quite a lot

I use Windows 7 at the moment, it took me ages to move away from XP and I think it'll be the same way for 7. Windows 8 doesn't seem all that interesting to me unless you're using a touchscreen. As for macs... they're great at what they do, but unlike a windows machine they don't do everything. It's something I'd recommend to a graphic designer or a music producer. The ammount of videogames released for mac is increasing though, Valve & Blizzard for example make everything for both Win and Mac. It would be silly to think that having a mac means you are safe for malware and viruses though.
    Last edited by Aether; 11-02-2012 at 05:42 AM.

I've been skinning my PC as well as using rainmeter pretty much since XP, when windows blinds came out lol, and I've been using Rocketdock for the past few years as well. The dock Mac uses is honestly the only thing I like about it for its convenience, and since I can get the same thing on my pc, I have no interest in Macs. Some Mac elitist's will tell you about how studio display is a true display and how reliable and easy the OS is and blah blah blah, but those things seem negligible to be tbh. I'll never become a graphic designer, so I have reason to ever own a Mac.