No Members online

» Site Navigation

> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Default Canon EOS 60D 18.1MP DSLR Camera With 18-135mm IS Lens Kit just picked it up

Hey guys how you doing ?? Thought It's about time I get into photography...since I already do Web/Graphic Design... might as well get my own resources, for some stuff that I need :P.....anyway I picked up a Canon EOS 60D, with a 18-135mm :P how is this camera for a beginner ???...I asked at the store...they said it's a bit more advanced one from the last version of it oO.....so its for Pros oO....according to them...but yeah...going to be giving this a shot in a couple of days :P...and will share pics around the forum :P....

so yah....

anyway i know its a useless thread but...i wanted to hear from the PROS what the think of this camera ...oh and also I know nothing at all about taking pictures...as in to mess around with the menus of it...any tips would be appreciated.
    Proud Owner of:
    RichFlyers

^ LOVE YOU RAD ^

Tbh cameras only differ in 'pro ness' by small amounts... and in price by great amounts. You can still take great pictures with a relatively cheap slr, the lenses are where it's at.

I've used that camera and it's more than capable of anything you throw at it :3
    As for taking great pictures that all starts with finding something great to take a picture of. You can mess with the settings a bit like setting the ISO for different light levels and shutter speeds.

Start by having some fun making some light paintings, if it has a 'Bulb' option on shutter speed just find a light in the dark hit and hold the shutter button and shake the camera =p. Fun stuff.

When you have the dosh buy some accessories like a power flash, macro and/or telephoto lens and some cheap filters.

One of the sexiest tags I've ever seen, from Radillac <3

that night, shake thing I tried....and it looks freaking awesome :P...its insane...how the lights go nutz like dat...it's good resource for me though :P
    Proud Owner of:
    RichFlyers

^ LOVE YOU RAD ^

Quote Originally Posted by KroniiK View Post
    that night, shake thing I tried....and it looks freaking awesome :P...its insane...how the lights go nutz like dat...it's good resource for me though :P
    Pretty epic huh xD It works epic on christmas trees too.

One of the sexiest tags I've ever seen, from Radillac <3