Hi! This is my first post on the forum. I was looking for a graphic design forum in my native tongue (Danish), but it seems to not exist... Maybe I should make one.

Anyway, the reason I'm writing is to get some tips on how to make my graphic design portfolio, at the moment consisting of both posters, brochures, menus, folders and photos.

One of the next few days I will buy a presentation case (something like the ones Prat make, a la http://i.imgur.com/H3nf1.jpg) with either 2 or 3 rings, A3 size or maybe a tad bigger.

My thought then is to buy thick pieces of black carton (about 1,7 mm, maybe that's what you call matboard), make holes in 'em and use them as backdrop / mounting piece for my design work.

However, I'm not sure if this is the right way to go, or if I should rather use acetate sleeves / plastic pockets (what's the difference?) and then thin black paper inside those. It seems that some presentation cases come with these fitted from the start. But, I'm thinking that it wouldn't really look elegant.

Then there's my next issue. How to mount stuff on the black carton/matboard? Posters or photos maybe wouldn't be that hard, perhaps using photomounts/photostickers on the backside. But what about the things with multiple pages or a backside, like brochures or catalogs? Is there some clever way to mount them so they can easily be taken out, browsed, and then put back inside? I was thinking about using photo corners, but I'm not sure if it'll work properly. Should I just stick to one-sided elements on the matboards and then keep all the rest a separate place?

So my question is, how are you guys' portfolios set up? What techniques do you use? Pictures or videos would be much appreciated.

I hope I made myself understandable - English isn't my main language and I'm not sure about all the terms' names.