Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I hear it.

I might do something about this soon.

big smile here!!

XL

When I ever post anything it gets ignored. I don't think my stuff is that bad xD

Making signatures is just a hobby to me and nothing more. Sorry if I contributed to a problem of only signatures are the only cool thing on this site, but I've just got here a couple weeks ago. lol.

There are some really cool things I've been seeing other than siggys, so I really don't know what you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by JtSm View Post
    When I ever post anything it gets ignored. I don't think my stuff is that bad xD

Making signatures is just a hobby to me and nothing more. Sorry if I contributed to a problem of only signatures are the only cool thing on this site, but I've just got here a couple weeks ago. lol.

There are some really cool things I've been seeing other than siggys, so I really don't know what you're talking about.
    having been here (sporadically) for a while i've just seen a decline in the number of non-signature things. It's also kind of a challenge to everyone. Signatures are challenging in their own way, but the only way to get better overall is by diversifying your portfolio. There's skills that can be translated from a large piece to a small piece to typography to photography... there's a lot to learn from trying new stuff!

Also, i don't think people loose confidence in their stuff when people don't reply. It's more like you just hope for people to reply. the point of this forum is to share your work, get help and feedback, and get inspiration from other peoples' works (or at least that's what i think it is). Right now there's a serious lack of critiques and there's a lot to be learned from critiquing other people's work as well.

The way I see it the problem lies with GFX in general. Seemingly less and less ppl seem to be interested in or/and keep it up once they started with it. It's not only here, but everywhere.
    Nowadays it's really hard to find a good active site and if you do it's mostly the same ppl that have been doing this for a long time and know each other from way back. Making it somewhat hard as beginner in between all those very experienced ppl.
    Maybe it's me being on the wrong sites or maybe it's that there are too many different sites for the same thing so that every site has a small portion but none is really big like this place used to be, but I don't think so.
    An other thing I noticed is that there are still beginners popping up every now and then, but they never seem to make into what I call the middle class. They stay at beginner level, but never really evolve unless they are really guided by someone they know.

So all in all I think it's a circle spiraling downwards. Less people interested in GFX + Less people commenting and really helping people out makes for less experienced people, which on it's turn makes for less commenting again since their are less experienced ppl, which makes for less people evolving, more quiting and less ppl interested and so onwards.

Maybe I'm over thinking it, but this has been on my mind for quite some time. I miss them good old days when this place was at it's peak. You could spend several hours here and never always find stomething new to read.

Ah the good ol' days. My life would be looking very different right now if it wasn't for those.
    Perhaps people have also realised that there's fuck all in the way of jobs out there for design these days, and if there is it's stiff competition. I have a diploma in graphic design and it basically counts for absolutely zilch, like being an art or english major. Looking back I wish I did a cookery course, fuck loads of cook jobs out there.

One of the sexiest tags I've ever seen, from Radillac <3