Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Thread: Into Oblivion

Default Into Oblivion

Made something.

o.o nice.

looks awesome. the size of the canvas you're using is a little unpleasant though (the most pleasant dimensions for rectangles follow the golden ratio... i know that might be a bit technical but it's kind of a weird shape that's not quite a square but definitely not a strong rectangle). the text is a little too close to the girl, maybe that's just me though. i'm not a fan of text so i'm not partial to having text at all, but it's not bad enough for me to request you take it out. also feels like it needs some kind of border, maybe a fade?

looks awesome, what i pointed out was just what i saw needing work. otherwise it looks great, like 9/10 great!!

I like it! I really like the flow and colors you used. Seems a little over done with the particles/glowing dots and I dont like that your text looks like you tried to hide it completely like you are ashamed of it and dont want anyone to see it.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the comments, so I'm gonna answer them bit by bit. First off let me say that I agree with the things that are pointed out and I can really use the comments you guys made.
    I originally started out with a 450x250 canvas but somewhere along the way I didn't like my last 50 px so I cut it into 250x400, which explains this weird size Still I agree that it's not optimal, but I felt like those 50 px where throwing off the balance.

As for the text, I just need to practice it more tbh. I like to think I was better at text a few years back, but then the big revolution of 'No text' came along, and it still somewhat lingers, either way I felt like this piece would really improve with some text and so I had a go at it. As for trying to hide it, you are partially right. It's not like I want to hide it, it's that I don't know how to do it without taking too much focus away from the render. Resulting in this sort of 'hidden' text.

As for a border, I've never been great at those, but I'm gonna have a go at it.

And finally the particles. I somewhat doubted myself if it was too much or not. I don't think I really over did it, but removing some here and there would indeed probably be better.

I don't make much anymore, but I'm happy I can still make good pieces