» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default latest gfx from !!!~GHOST~!!!

these are what i believe to be my best.

Last edited by !!!~GHOST~!!!; 12-17-2012 at 11:59 AM.

You can't say civilization don't advance ... in every war they kill you in a new way.

I would say reduce the size of your tags considerably. They look more like banners at the moment. Usual sizes can be anything between 200px and 500, most of the time 500x500 is the maximum. You're on your way though, the foundations of starting tag-making starts at using them to back something up (ie a clan) or using big text to let other forum members know who you are xD (Hey it's how I started too). Eventually you detach from that and it becomes more artistic.

Try this in your next tag:
    Open a canvas of around 400x200, 350x200 or whichever you may prefer, big tags will give you more space but you need to fill that, small tags (ie 200x200) barely ever work.

Drag in the render and place it somewhere you think suits best, try not to cut off heads or anything.

Work AROUND that render, use layers to start at the back and build them up gradually, that doesn't mean duplicating and flipping a background several times.

Move on to a layer over the render, don't cover up any focal points and try to keep a good flow.

After you've laid the foundations of the sig it's just a matter of polishing it, things like colour, lighting, burning, blurring, sharpening.

Try doing one without text for now and see how you go, it's easier to get suckered in to things like Bevel & emboss but they look terrible.

Download a few brush packs or c4ds to help you out, there's a great new pack just released on this very forum.

... Nice gif work though xD I could never get the hang of gifs.

One of the sexiest tags I've ever seen, from Radillac <3

Everyone starts somewhere, I would only suggest to try tutorials for a while to get the basic elements of a sig down. I like the animation that is always eye catching. Keep at it.

My eyes.

thanks for all the input, this will be helpfull and i will be sure to apply what you all have said into some of my upcomming work.
    i know a few of them look horrible but those are the first ones i had ever tried. i like doing the gifs. but im trying to figure out how to make the lighting a bit smoother instead of just having the outer glow blink on and off.

You can't say civilization don't advance ... in every war they kill you in a new way.

here is a new one i made last night using some of the tips you guys gave me

this was all done with brushes.

this is all c4d and i like it so much its my new sig lol
    Last edited by !!!~GHOST~!!!; 11-19-2012 at 03:40 AM.

Its a start. Everyone starts of somewhere. Brush up with alot of tutorials and look to others works to get inspired on what to do for your next tag. Don't be afraid to take ideas from others and incorporate them into your own work, thats what makes people better.

My Three Rules Of Making a Sig Flow, Lighting and Depth

my attempt at better flow

I think you're trying to do too much at once, lay off the animations and the text for now, just concentrate on your background and your render, then slowly work your way back into the other elements.

Quote Originally Posted by SPC View Post
    I think you're trying to do too much at once, lay off the animations and the text for now, just concentrate on your background and your render, then slowly work your way back into the other elements.
    i actually thought that sig looked good. i wouldn't mind know how you made yours. i like the effects you used surrounding your render. can you teach me how to do that?