> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Thread: Mass Effect Tag

Default Mass Effect Tag

Yeah, new to gfx still and would like some cnc on this. Thanks for looking and I appreciate any comment or critiuqe.

"new to gfx"
    This is pretty good for a beginner then lol ;D
    The text is too bright and just contrasts the whole piece, but you got the concept of it right, maybe if it were a bit darker or had a gradient over it for depth it would go perfectly.
    You've got depth down with the foreground/background and you seem to know how to work the lighting, just a little more intense would've done some more justice.
    Colors are great.
    Work on the flow, a lot of the stuff are clashing and I can't really notice a real flow to the piece.
    Work on compo, you've got some really cool effects going on but they're a bit sloppy (i tend to do this as well), just try placing them a little more align with each other, it'll help with flow and the whole piece.

Pretty much good job, kiu.

Quote Originally Posted by Razer GFX View Post
    "new to gfx"
    This is pretty good for a beginner then lol ;D
    The text is too bright and just contrasts the whole piece, but you got the concept of it right, maybe if it were a bit darker or had a gradient over it for depth it would go perfectly.
    You've got depth down with the foreground/background and you seem to know how to work the lighting, just a little more intense would've done some more justice.
    Colors are great.
    Work on the flow, a lot of the stuff are clashing and I can't really notice a real flow to the piece.
    Work on compo, you've got some really cool effects going on but they're a bit sloppy (i tend to do this as well), just try placing them a little more align with each other, it'll help with flow and the whole piece.

Pretty much good job, kiu.
    Thanks for viewing first of all. And I'm not reallly new. I spent a bit of time with them on Paint.Net but sucked bad. I've only had PS for about a month so I still consider that new.

And how do I make gradients that much more cool/special? Everytime I use them and adjust them a bit, they suck, but when others use them, they turn out great. Is there any trick to this or something I'm missing? lol Or something I should keep in mind?

And I tried having the flow from the bottom left to the top right but it didn't quite work out well I guess. Here's an edited version I made shortly after. I'll try impementing your Cnc in a bit.

Thanks!

Just looking to point out that, you're using a Dead Space 3 character with the N7 Suit. Other than that it looks great for only having PS for a month. I'm not all that great with CnC Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by NoviceMark View Post
    Just looking to point out that, you're using a Dead Space 3 character with the N7 Suit. Other than that it looks great for only having PS for a month. I'm not all that great with CnC Sorry.
    I knew someone was going to post something about this. Me and little brother argued for half an hour as to which game it was from. The helmet obviously screams deadspace but my little bro pointed out the "n7" so I just put Mass Effect.

It's not like it matters either way, thanks.

When I use gradients it's usually to make the colors match together a bit more, so the purple orange default on either soft light or overlay with different opacities or a slight change in colors helps it to blend. With text I use a black and white on low opacity in the layer styles to make it have a bit more depth.

Quote Originally Posted by Razer GFX View Post
    When I use gradients it's usually to make the colors match together a bit more, so the purple orange default on either soft light or overlay with different opacities or a slight change in colors helps it to blend. With text I use a black and white on low opacity in the layer styles to make it have a bit more depth.
    Thanks!