Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Thread: Just anther sig

Default Just anther sig

My current sig. what yas think?

tried some new things with this one.

Oki, I'm not usually a long writer on CnC, so here goes.

The composition of the colors needs tuning, now you have all colors of the rainbow. "Selective Color" is one of my fav adjustment layers, great to limit your range with.
    Gaussian blur makes a tag flat, I'd suggest to remove it.

Your placement of the text distracts from the focal, use the rules of third to find the best placement. Also stroke on text is a big nono, it makes it almost impossible to blend with the tag itself.
    Here's a informative post of mine from earlier regarding text:

Quote Originally Posted by RadillacVIII View Post
    For text, always use simple fonts, not hand writing and cursive. The font shall be easy to read and not steal focus from the focal.
    Example on clean fonts, blending and colors▼

Al tags by me, so let me know if you want more in deep details about text
    Rest looks great bud, getting better compared to your last sig thread

hmmm very well said. I will do my best to stray from stoking my texts. Ive always done it cause I just get fed up with trying to use other methods and failing haha.

Will try harder next time. As for the colors I selected those colors personally but I guess I did go over board with them. Not my favorite works by far it was just playing with the filters and some other tools. I also think where you see the gaussian blur, I deleted my gaussian layer, but After I added all the gradient maps to enritch the colors it went flat and as a result I tried to fix via curves and levels and high pass. But My next will be easier on the eyes. Great crit Rad, appreciate the insight.

No problem!
    I would guess you inverted the highpass layer then, since it gives a glow effect if done. I only recommend highpass for the sake of sharpening a image, it's much more flexible than PS standard sharpen.
    I personally use highpass to sharpen, on all my projects.

I like the text, but it's hard to tell which place is the best place for placement considering I have no idea where you focal is. Also, why on earth would you save a sig as a .jpg? You're hampering a lot of detail and quality in your sig by doing that, always chose .png when saving.

I only recommend highpass for the sake of sharpening a image, it's much more flexible than PS standard sharpen.
    I'm a bit curious to try it, but what do you mean by ''flexible'' exactly?

It has a slider where you can choose a certain amount of pixels (range) to bring forth.
    Compare to regular sharpen, it has the ability to only bring out highlight details, and the other way around.
    It's more precise both due to the slider and higl/shad.
    If you invert the layer it can even blur as well.

Here's a great tut for you Koto: http://sadmonkeydesign.wordpress.com...h-pass-filter/

+ a bonus is, you can get certain effects by changing the layer blend mode to other than those 3 used for sharpen.

Good gracious gravy. Png? soo much has changed in 7 years. Haha. thanks for the spped bump mate! ill try this option next go.

Also, yes I did invert the high pass looking back on my psd.

Woot woot. Here I go, Lex is asleep and wife is at work!

music, beer, and photoshop!

Ps,

Rad, Im glad to see more of your works. I get to see how versitile you are. Great pieces, the text works great in all your work.
    Last edited by Jurmac; 05-25-2013 at 11:47 PM.

Honestly png only really changes big things, you're not really going to notice a difference in a sig vs the highest quality jpeg but always do it anyway, doesn't do any harm.

One of the sexiest tags I've ever seen, from Radillac <3

agreed with whats already been said,keep making tags and you'll improve,kiu.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurmac View Post
    Also, yes I did invert the high pass looking back on my psd.

Woot woot. Here I go, Lex is asleep and wife is at work!

music, beer, and photoshop!

Ps,

Rad, Im glad to see more of your works. I get to see how versatile you are. Great pieces, the text works great in all your work.
    Busted hehe

Awesome, let the creativity flow

Thank you, I will release my Ultimate Tag Wall #10 today, so stay tuned.
    Here's the previous ones in my series► http://www.gfxvoid.com/forums/showth...mate-Tag-Walls